Chapter Nine - Forgiveness and Redemption

Cas (POV)

A/N: I just want you guys to remember that Dean is a demon! The relationship between him and Castiel is not a pleasant one and in some ways a bit abusive and this is yet another warning if any of you feel uncomfortable or are triggered by this then please don't read the story! Love you!

All work and no play makes Cas a dull boy. I thought to myself as I carried on writing up papers and documents and sermons for three months in advance. I had got in my head that if i worked hard enough for the church I could maybe be redeemed in God's eyes but somewhere in the back of my mind i knew that i would never be forgiven.

No angels or demons had visited me for a good few weeks. The last time was that day i had to buy the angel Gabriel a strawberry ice cream and that was it, as if all had gone silent in the supernatural realm.

I had gotten hardly any sleep at all in the past few weeks and my whole body ached, my head banged and my eyes drooped every time i looked at one of the candles for too long or listened to any of the gospel music. I was so bored on a night now that i had actually gone out and got myself a television and a bunch of movies to watch. I had completely underestimated the power of film magic and their ability to suck in one's attention for hours at a time.

There was a blister on my forefinger where i had held the pen for so long that it had caused it to rub against my skin and make it hurt. Also i had been sitting on the same chair for a good 5 hours without a break so when i straightened up my back and neck clicked and sent shooting pains around my body.

I sighed and got up from the chair, putting the papers in the desk and walked out of the study inside the church, grabbing my keys as i went. My feet dragged tiredly on the floor as i walked out of the church, locking the door and down the pathway towards the gate.

When i finally got home i threw my keys on the kitchen counter and leaned against it, yawning largely and rubbed my eyes tiredly. My mind was blank because i had been doing mindless work for so many hours that i didn't notice that anything in my flat had been changed.

I turn on the television and smile slightly as the DVD that i had been watching the night before was still on repeat. I let it play in the background as slipped off my shirt and made my way towards my bedroom in just my jeans hanging loosely on my waist. I walk in and switch on the light only to start screaming loudly.

On my bed lay none other than the demon. Dean was laying there, with his back against the headboard and his hands linked together behind his head. He was shirtless, at least i thought he was as the rest of him was covered by the think blanket of my bed.

"Welcome home, honey." He grinned wickedly and winked at me and i held onto my heart in shock and leaned against the door frame.

"You scared me." I whisper and look at him pathetically. "What are you doing in my house?"

"You call this a house?" He asks, looking around the room with his nose turned up. "Looks more like a squatters place to me or maybe a prison cell. It's definitely small enough to be one. Your kitchen and living room are basically one room...." He laughs and i glare at him and cross my hands over my chest.

"If you hate it so much then why are you here?" I ask him moodily and his smirk widens even more and he takes his hands down from behind his head and lifts up the blanket on the spare side of the bed, beckoning me to join him but i shake my head.

"No. I made that mistake once before, don't think i'm going to make it again." I say and he rolls his eyes.

"C'mon, don't tell me you don't think about it all the time. You don't miss the feeling of me being inside of you. I know you do, i can feel your séxual frustration radiating off you." He purrs and i hold onto myself uncomfortably. It was true, i did think about it a lot and not always in the guilty, sick feeling way but sometimes in a 'i really wish it lasted a lot longer' sort of way.