Chapter Thirty One - Thanks for the Memories, Even Though They Weren't so Great

Third Person (POV)

"Well, the old folk lore said that the only way to keep the devil away from you but still use his powers is to sleep with him and bare him a child." One woman says, stroking her own face absent-mindedly with the feather of a quill.

"That's bullshit and you know it. If that was really true, don't you think all witches and demons and creatures of the dark would have done that?" Scoffs the other woman, rolling her eyes and shaking her head. 

"Maybe, but maybe they haven't done it because they think it won't work. Has anyone really ever tried before?" The first woman asks and the second one shrugs her shoulders and smoulders slightly at the first. 

"No, and i don't think you should either."

"I'm gonna do it." 

"God damn it." 

***

"So now what, i had your child so you give me your powers?" The witch says, her eyes flaring slightly as Lucifer looks at the tiny baby. 

"Hm. I lied about that." He scoffs and puts his finger on the boys chest, burning his slightly with a mark of the devil. "Thanks for the great time though."

He laughs loudly and disappears with a flash of light, leaving the witch angry and burning with rage. She was so angry she almost through the baby's cradle across the room but restrained herself. One day her son would grow up to be the most powerful nephilim in the world, and she was going to help him bring down his father once and for all when that happened. 

The woman was slightly disappointed to see that her baby boy didn't have her hair colour. Instead of fiery red and curly it was a dark shade of black and stuck out on all ends. He had a lot of hair for a babe. 

She picked him up and held the baby at arms length, looking at him with a slight pout on her lips before shaking her head. 

"There ain't no way in hell i'm bringing you up, kid." With those words she opened up a portal that led into hell, dropped the baby off in Lucifer's domain and ran for it without a backwards glance. She would show back up when it was time to. 

Lucifer looked for the witch everywhere but it turned out that somehow the magic of sleeping with him and bearing a child to him did work as he couldn't get near to her when he found her. He went into a fit of rage before going back down to hell to pace the room where the baby was in before walking over to the cradle.

"Fuck sake." He mumbled to himself and shook his head. "Stupid witch. Darius, get in here!"

"Yes your majesty." Darius bowed low and trembled slightly. Lucifer definitely wished that all the demons would just get over it already and stop being so afraid of him, it wasn't as if he killed them all on a regular basis, only when something pissed him off enough.

"You'll look after the kid, you'll bring him up, you'll teach him how to be evil, you'll teach him how to kill, how to fight, how to rule. Do you understand?" Lucifer asks with a hiss and Darius nodded his head and bowed again before Lucifer vanished from sight.

***

"No not like that! LIKE THIS!"

"I'm bored!" Castiel whined, sitting down on the floor with his fake sword and curling up into a ball. "I don't want to learn how to fight, i want to go up to earth now." 

"You're not ready." Huffed Darius, the man who had more or less brought him up since he was a baby. "You're only 10." 

"Then why does it feel like i'm a hundred." Cas pouted slightly. "I want to go now."