Prologue - The Nightmare

*Most of this story is in Cas (POV), just letting you guys know- also, Cas will be praying in this so i'm sorry if any of his prayers upset anybody or their religions or in some cases, not religions. This is a fanfiction about a priest and there will be praying in it*

Cas (POV)

It has happened before and it will happen again. I was sat in church praying like always and suddenly a ball of fire and black smoke rose from the alter at the front of the large, glorious church. I clasped my hands together tightly and began to try and pray over and over again for God to come and save me or at least send one of his angels to protect me from this dark cloud of doom. However, all was silent, just like always. He never answers me so why should have it been any different this time around?

The fire and smoke grew and made a terrible rushing and screeching sound which hurt my ears like crazy. The smell! Oh the smell was ratchet! Filling my nostrils with the scent of rotten eggs. Sulphur. No God could save me from what was going to happen to me now. Suddenly the screeching sounds stopped althofether and out of the fire and smoke stepped a faceless figure whose only aspect of him or her I truly noticed at first where the black glistening eyes that held not spirit, no soul and no goodness within them.

The next thing i noticed about the evil figure was its mouth. Beautiful if it were smiling properly but instead it's mouth was twisted into an un-natural sneer, a sneer so harsh that it did not look like it should belong on such a human mouth. A sneer so harsh that it looked as though it could stop the hearts of even the bravest of men.

"W-who are you?" I ask like i do every single time this terrible dream occurs.

"You know who i am. You summoned me." Sneered the evil being.

"I did no such thing! I am a man of God. I have goodness in my heart and a pure soul!"

"A pure soul!?" Laughed the black eyed demon loudly as if he or she was mocking me. "If you have such a pure soul, why have you summoned me?"

"I did not summon you!" I cry loudly, tears welling up in my eyes.

"It is too late for that my pet. You are mine now." He extended his hand and like always i try not to take it. But also like always, i fair. My sweaty hand grips hold of his ice cold one and i see him sneer in victory. A cold hiver goes down my spine, making me shudder and my whole body becomes weak so suddenly. Still gripping onto my hand, he pulls me towards him and the faceless demon picks me up and throws me on to th alter from which he arose from, pinning me down onto it.

"What are you going to do to me?" I ask in a shaky voice and the demon smiles again, coming closer towards me and spreading my legs as i lie on the alter, stepping between them so he could lean down closer towards me. Shackles appear on my wrists and ankles, burnin hot ones as if they had just come out from the flaming pits of hell, which they probably had.

"You are mine now." He repeats himself before holding me down and leaning in closer and closer towards me.

The last think i see before i wake up were his cold, lifeless black ees staring down at me.

Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep

My alarm clock rings loudly around the room and i shoot up, sitting up in bed suddenly as i breath heavily and wipe the sweat that is pouring from my brow. My mouth his dry and my body is aching so badly. I thought i had stopped having that bad dream but it appears not.

I used to get that very same one over and over again when i was a child but it had become less frequent since i had become older and wiser. I sigh loudly and swing my feet off of my bed, my bare legs and chest exposed to the cold, crisp morning air that was drifting through the cracks of my windows. I rub my hands together and rush off my bed to grab my dressing gown and wrap it around me. Once i was protected against the cold air, i step out of my room and towards my kitchen which was just down the hall.