Chapter Fourteen - What Am I?

Sweat was pouring from my face. Something was happening to me every time a magical being ended up appearing in the church or even in different random places like a pub or restaurant. I could now sense them around me. Sometimes i could even glimpse into the 'other' realm where i saw an all manner of beastly things, watching me, waiting for me. Waiting for me to do what, that was another question all together.

I had tried 'accidentally' bumping into Dean's brother many times over but each and every time Dean has been there to steer me away, not wanting me anywhere near his brother for some reason. I would just have to wait for the long haired man to come back to me, wanting more information for his case. I had been waiting for a full week before the tall man finally showed up at the church doors again.

"Agent Carter!" I exclaimed as soon as he entered the church. He smiled at me weakly and nodded his head and shook me firmly by my hand. "What brings you back here so soon?"

"Oh, i just have some more questions." He states simply and we sit down on one of the pews again.

"Wait." Castiel says before the man starts asking anything. Sam Winchester looks at him in surprise and innocently grips onto the little notepad in his hand. Castiel gulped and looked around carefully, breathing in and out roughly.

"Are you alright? You look terrified." Sam says, looking at Castiel carefully. "Does it have something to do with... the killer?"

"It's not a killer, it's a shapeshifter, blah blah." Castiel blurts and quickly and waves his hand. "But that's not important."

"A shapeshifter? Wait, hang on. How do you know?" Sam stands up, looking down on the small priest seriously.

"Look, you can deal with the monster later. We have a bigger, and much more complicated problem going on right now." Castiel hissed and looked around again in fear, hoping Dean wasn't watching them.

"I don't understand-" Sam says slowly.

"Say out loud right now 'i would like to confess'" Cas whispers slowly.

"What why?"

"SHHHH Just do it!" He hisses again and Sam sighs, looks around once and straightens up.

"Father, i would like to confess." He says out loud and Castiel rolls his eyes at the fakeness but it would have to do for now.

"Alright, come into the confession box." Cas says quickly and hurried into the box, pointing for Sam to get into the other side.

"Alright, what's all this about?" Sam's hushed voice came through the window of the confession box and Cas sat on the other side. He sigh and puts his face in his hands before straightening up again.

"I know you're name isn't Agent Carter. It's Sam Winchester." Castiel mumbles and he hears a thud.

"How?" Sam asks abruptly and Cas hushes him again.

"Okay, here it goes. I know you're brother."

"Dean? He's dead." Sam sniffs, obviously not even believing his own lie that he just told.

"You and I both know that that is not true, Sam. He's a demon, and a huge dick might i add. Well, he's not all that bad, sort of, i suppose-" Castiel started rambling but Sam cut him off, wanting to know more of how he knew Dean and what was going on.

"Father, how do you know my brother?" Sam says in a small voice

"He- he visits from time to time to torment me." Castiel replied, not wanting to go into detail.

"Is he ok?" Castiel was surprised at the question and realisation suddenly hit him. Of course Sam hadn't seen dean until the demon had turned savage on him.