Chapter 20-Jealousy and Phone Calls

A Little Too Much - Shawn Mendes (I don't know if I had added this song here already but whatever XD)

Chapter 20—Jealousy and Phone Calls

It was just eight in the evening but I was already on my bed, rolling, wearing my pyjamas. I was never this early in bed for Saturday nights unless I was sick. I wasn't sick but I was feeling sick.

Ever since Sam texted me around five this afternoon that Drake showed up, I had been having this weird feeling brewing in my stomach. I can't keep myself in one place. My mom had noticed that and I just told her I was just worried how Sam's date was going. But of course, I wouldn't tell her she was with Drake. That would be another story to tell—I wasn't ready for it yet.

I groaned and before burying my face on my blue covered pillow. I felt really bad about not telling Sam everything. Knowing her, she would be mad if she would know about what happened Thursday night. I didn't want her mad.

I groaned once again as I recalled the events last Thursday. We kissed. Drake and I kissed. As much I would like to talk to someone about this, I do not know who to talk to. Sam wouldn't love to hear my story and wouldn't give me an advice. Of course, I couldn't and wouldn't talk to Shelby—not yet anyway.

I faced back up, looking at my off-white ceiling. What have I gotten myself into? I found myself asking. I closed my eyes as the memories of last Thursday came crashing into me.

"I...I'm sorry," It was the first thing I heard from Drake after pulling out from the kiss. He quickly removed his hands away from me. I felt cold. He was looking at me, a look of surprise and regret was evident in his eyes.

I can't help but feel a pang of pain eating me as he looked at me that way. Did he not want to kiss me? Because right now, it might be late to admit but I did, I did want to kiss him.

"I'm sorry," He repeated, as he looked away from me. Surely, he didn't want it to happen. He was sorry for kissing me. For a second, I thought I should give this a chance and then he would pull out saying he was sorry.

I was really stupid.

"It's okay," I lied, tugging a small smile on my lips. He looked at me, confusion manifested on his face. It wasn't okay for me but I had to lie. I quickly turned away from him and pulled out my phone to check the time. "It's getting late, we should go home."

"We haven't eaten yet," He said, reminding me.

"We can just eat it when we get home," I answered shrugging my shoulders. "It's getting cold and dark here."

"Okay," He nodded and we began walking back towards his bike. It was an awkward walk. When our hands would touch, we would immediately pull away.

The ride back home was less awkward. It was shorter too. When I got off, I gave him his helmet while he gave me my food. I didn't invite him inside. I just wanted to be alone.

I smiled and waved at him before walking inside the house. I remembered the curious look my mom was giving me when I got home. I gave her and dad a kiss before telling them I would go to my room. But before going up stairs, I saw my mom giving me a calculating look. She was trying to read me—to find out what happened.

My phone rang pulling me out of my thoughts. I sighed as I pulled myself up before grabbing my phone from my bedside table. Then I saw Sam's name flashing on my screen. I hit the answer button before putting my phone next to my ears.

"Hello," I greeted as I leaned my back on my head board.

"I love you so freakin' much!" I heard her scream on the other line. I had to pull my phone away and put it back when I didn't hear her scream anymore.