Chapter 25-Prom Night

Chapter 25—Prom Night

Third Person P.O.V.

"Court?" Courtney heard her mom as the older woman knocked on her door.  She couldn't utter a word as she was carefully applying her lipstick on. She then heard her door open. "Courtney, Diana just called in. Drake is on his way here now."

She glanced at her mom, pausing midway as she continued applying the lipstick on her lower lip. Carmela smiled as she admired her daughter. Courtney just let her mother looked at her as she looked back at herself. She then smiled proudly at herself when she was done applying her lipstick.

"I'm done!" She announced as she turned and looked at her mother.  Courtney noticed how her mother was looking at her adoringly with a smile plastered on her face.

"Drake will definitely be dazzled by you," The older woman told as she walked towards her. Her eyes were scanning the younger woman up and down. When their gazes met, Courtney couldn't help but notice that her mother's eyes were starting to get watery. "My daughter is all grown up now."

"Mom," She soothed her as she placed my hands on either side of mother's arms. "I'm just going to prom tonight, okay? Don't cry. It's not like I'll be off to college or I'll be marrying tonight."

"You'll be in college soon," Carmela answered her daughter nonchalantly as she shrugged her shoulders. Courtney then let her hands slide off her mother's arms. "Soon after that, you'll get married. I should start accepting the fact that time will come soon."

"Mom, this is just a prom, okay?" Courtney reassured her once again. Her just looked at her, unfazed. "I'll be going home tonight. Don't worry. Plus, it's not like Drake and I are actually dating."

Carmela then groaned as she threw herself on her daughter's bed. She then rolled and looked at her daughter—a determined look on her face. "Why are you still not dating yet?"

Courtney looked at her mom unbelievably. The older one just looked at her as if it was an obvious thing. Of course, it was pretty obvious that she wanted Courtney to be with Drake even before she broke up with Tyler. Courtney, however, just didn't think that her mom would be too blunt about it.

She didn't answer. Instead she just sighed and turned around to look at herself in the mirror. She then put on the white gold dangling earrings her dad gave her for her sixteenth birthday. It was one of the precious things she possessed.

Carmela knew her question was being ignored by her daughter. She knew she didn't have to ask if her daughter likes her prom date. She was sure that she does. Like how she knew her thing with Tyler wouldn't last.

"You look really lovely tonight, Courtney." Carmela told her daughter seriously as she sat up properly. Courtney turned towards her, a smile across her face.

"Thanks, mom," She smiled sweetly at her. Then a smug look flashed on her face as she placed a hand on her waist. "What can I say? I got it from my mama."

"Of course, you did!" Mrs. Richards agreed proudly.

Their doorbell then rang causing both of them to look at each other with wide eyes. Carmela immediately stood up. She quickly made her way out of her daughter's bedroom. She ran back and spoke before making a run downstairs. "You look perfect, don't worry."

Nervous, Courtney took a deep breath as she slipped on her stilettos. Sure, after being cheated on by Tyler and Shelby, she never thought she'd be welcoming the idea of attending prom. She never thought she'd be able to move on fully and that easily.