Chapter 22-The Crazy Best Friend

Apologies for being MIA. I know you've kept hearing that from me recently.

No song for this chapter. Just a dedication to an old friend. I would have tagged you but I don't think you'll appreciate it. I know you have officially cut me off your life for whatever reason but if ever you are still reading this... Know that I still care. I hope you're doing okay whatever you are going through right now. (I highly doubt you'll be able to read this. You have probably deleted this from your library.)

ALL RIGHT!Here's the twenty second chapter. I hope you all would enjoy xx

Chapter 22—The Crazy Best Friend

Four days. It has been four days since I last talked to Sam. The last time we communicated was last Saturday, before she went out to have a date with Drake. The last message I got from her was "He's here! Wish me luck." with tons of emojis in it, mostly hearts or the one with the heart eyes. I knew she was planning to confess her feelings to Drake and I wished her all the luck in the world.

Now, it's Wednesday and we hadn't talked yet. I honestly had no idea why. I texted her before midnight last Saturday, she might be home by then. I got no response. Thinking she was already asleep and extremely tired to reply, I sent her a good night message.

On Sunday morning, I texted her again. I must have texted her for more than four times that day. I l decided not to text her Sunday night. I didn't want to annoy her. I don't know. I just had a feeling I must be annoying her already.

Monday morning, we had the first period together. I greeted her a good morning before opening my locker. Instead of her usual reply, she just locked her locker and walked away without even throwing a glance at my general direction.

Don't be silly, Courtney. She was probably too busy. She probably didn't hear you or notice you. She was probably wearing her headset. You just didn't notice she was wearing it. Why would she ignore you?

I spent lunch with Sarah, Jun and Drake. No one asked why, instead of being with Samantha, I was with them. I was thankful they didn't for I didn't know the answer too.

Today was Wednesday and I had accepted the fact that she really was ignoring me. She was now always with her co-cheerleaders. She would pass me by in the hallways as if I was a stranger. What did I do though?

Did I do something wrong? I wished her luck when she asked me last Saturday. We were normal last Saturday. Did she know already? About the kiss? Was that the reason why she was ignoring me?

I never told her about it because I don't want her to be mad. I don't want her to be jealous. I know Drake doesn't like me the way I like him. She might be the girl Drake was talking about. That was the reason why I didn't tell her. I never told anybody about it. I'd rather bury this feeling.

"Hey," I heard a voice said, making me tear my gaze away from Sam. She was on the table with her 'clique'. It was Sarah. She was smiling softly at me before she glanced at Sam. I smiled back at her and she sat next to me. "Are you okay?"

"Y-yeah," I answered, nodding my head a bit as I smiled softly at her. Physically, I am. Emotionally? I guess. I hope. "Where's Jun? Shouldn't you be with him or with Drake?"

"I figured out you may need my company more than they do," She said, making me look at her. She smiled at me sweetly; her eyes were filled with concern. "What happened?"

"I wish I know," I answered honestly, sighing. I then looked at Sam who was busy having fun with her cheerleader friends. They were laughing at something I didn't really care knowing. "She just stopped talking to me. Do you think I did something wrong?"