Chapter 5-OMg!

Chapter 5—OMg!

It’s Saturday. Usually every Saturday, I’d get invited to a party or I would throw a party. That was before I got grounded. Sam texted me earlier and asked me if I’d be going to Leila’s party.

Leila’s the cheerleading captain of the school and since Sam’s a cheerleader and one of my best friends, Shelby and I got invited. Leila and I aren’t really close but we’re pretty acquainted with each other after all, we shared a class or two before.

I politely declined to Leila’s invite saying I wasn’t really in the mood to party. Truth to be told, I wasn’t allowed to party. Plus, Drake reminded me about the upcoming quiz in physics on Monday. So instead of putting on my make-up, drying my hair and having trouble in which dress I should wear, here I am stuck in my shorts and loose shirt with my hair on a messy bun. It’s not like people would see me in this, right?

Before I left the school last Friday, Drake agreed that he would help me review in physics today. So here I am waiting for him to ring the door bell while I lay down here on my pink double bed. My mom and dad were out on a business trip leaving me alone in our house. Tonight must have been a good time to throw a party but even without them around, I wouldn’t throw one.

I may be a “party-goer” but I sure wouldn’t like to disobey my parents. I wouldn’t enjoy the party and my conscience would bug me all night. Lastly, I don’t want my parents to look at me disappointedly when they get home and would find how messy our house would be because I disobeyed them.

I was pulled out of my thoughts when my phone suddenly rang. I immediately rolled to my left and grabbed my phone on my night stand. It was Samantha calling.

“Hey, Sam.” I greeted as soon as I hit the answer button.

“You really aren’t coming?” She asked. Her voice sounded a little disappointed but sweet nonetheless. That’s the thing about Sam; she wasn’t like the stereotypical cheerleaders. She doesn’t go whore around the school and is actually one of the sweetest girls I know.

“You know very well that I’m grounded, right?” I reminded her as I pulled myself up into a seating position. I leaned my back against my headboard. “You and Shelby should enjoy the night.”

“She said she won’t be coming.” Samantha sighed on the other line. I could imagine her pouting. “You know what? I have a suspicion that Shel’s hiding something from us.”

“What do you mean?” I asked, furrowing my eyebrows a little.  I stared at our photos pinned on my pin board.

“Didn’t you notice these past few weeks she wouldn’t hang out much with us outside the campus? Then last week, when she threw a party, when you left me to look for Tyler, I can’t seem to find her on the dance floor.” Samantha told me one by one making me nod. “I think Shelby has a boyfriend who she keeps from us.”

“Why would she do that though?” I asked. It’s not like we would judge her boyfriend or something.

“It’s probably that college guy she met last summer. Remember that?” Samantha reminded me. I could recall Shelby mentioning him but she would always change the subject. “Anyway, I should go and prepare now. See ya!”

“Enjoy!” I told her before the line went dead. I then placed my phone beside me.

I glanced at it and it read 4:47 pm. Where the heck is Drake? He told me he would be here after lunch because he doesn’t want me to come over to their house today for whatever reason.