Chapter 26-Day Dream or Not?

Chapter 26—Day Dream or Not?

Courtney's POV

Senior year has been a hell of a ride. It was like a roller coaster ride. I started it with being together with Tyler. Partying with him, Shelby, and, of course, Samantha almost every weekend was our routine. From then, I started flunking my exams—most especially physics. I would always doze off during class hours due to lack of sleep or hang over.

When one morning my mom saw my failing results in my physic exams, everything changed. I met Drake who I thought was a complete nerd. He was the opposite of what I've pictured him to be. He was the coolest and smartest person I have ever met.

I was grounded from attending parties. My mom got strict on me –not that much. Shelby and Tyler cheated on me. I found new friends in Sarah and Jun. I almost lost Sam (as a friend). I secretly fell for my tutor—Drake.

"Courtney!" I heard my mom yelling from the other side of the door. "Let's go. You don't want to be late on your graduation day, do you?"

"Coming!" I yelled as I gave myself one last look in the mirror. I immediately grabbed my toga and graduation cap that was neatly lying on my bed.

I sprinted out of my room with my two-inched-heels. It wasn't that high hence, I was able to sprint. I found my mom holding out the door of our house for me. She was looking beautiful in her light brown laced dress. Her blonde hair was ironed and it fell just right about her shoulder.

"I wouldn't want to miss Drake's valedictorian speech later on," My mom smiled at me as she gestured for me to walk out. I did and she soon followed. My dad was already on the driver's seat waiting for us to go. "Your dad seemed to be more excited than I am right now."

Today was the day we shouldn't miss, indeed. After a few weeks of deliberation, Drake became the valedictorian. It was pretty obvious on how all of his grades were—almost if not all—higher than the salutatorian. He deserved everything he achieved.

I could remember when he was called in by the principal to let him know he was the valedictorian. I was outside of the office, nervous as hell. When he told me about the news, I was so happy for him. I even hugged him right in front of the office. I was so excited that when he was telling his mom about it on the phone, I was already telling my mom about the news.

I've already been accepted in one of the universities in the state. It was a three-hour drive from here. My mom and dad supported me even though we might not be able to see each other every day.

Drake wouldn't let me know yet where he'll be going. I knew for a fact that he had been receiving various offers from different colleges and universities. He might still be confused on which offer to accept.

"Court!!!" I heard my name being called as my dad parked our car. I instantly jumped out of our car when I saw Sam excitedly walking towards my direction. She then hugged me really tight. "We've been looking for you."

"You know I had to put on some make up and fix my hair, right?" I said, as if reminding her that I have to put an extra effort on making myself pretty today. After all, today is the day we're finally leaving high school and all its dramas.

"Mr. and Mrs. Richards, is it okay if I borrow Courtney? The ceremony will start in about ten minutes." Sam told my parents. Before they could even respond, she was already dragging me towards our group.

There were simultaneous hi's and hello's from Jun, Sarah and Samuel. Shelby and Tyler joined in. It was a bit awkward few days after prom when Shelby and Tyler asked if they could join our table. Samantha then looked like she was ready for a kill. Jun and Sarah was dumbfounded. Samuel? He got no clue on what he should say. Drake was looking at me, curiously. Then I said, sure. He smiled proudly.