Chapter 12-Drake's Cousins

Me and My Broken Heart -Rixton

Chapter 12—Drake’s Cousins

Courtney’s POV

“So, you’re name’s Courtney?” The light brown-haired woman, asked me as she smiled. Basing from what Drake has told me earlier, she must be Tessa.

I nodded and politely smiled at her direction. She was seated directly in front of me while Drake was seated next to me.

“Are you classmates from Mckinley?” the guy beside Tessa whom I assume was Carl, asked.

“Obviously, Carl,” Drake replied sarcastically. “I never transferred schools.”

“Excuse us, okay?” Tessa told me, shaking her head a little. “We’re not used to this, I mean seeing Drake with girls other than me, Aunt Diana and mom.”

I glanced at Drake while chuckling. He was giving Tessa some glares which I suppose to shut her up.  Clearly, Tessa wasn’t even affected.

“I’m not surprise that you would actually say that,” I answered before I cut the meat in front of me. “Even in school, you wouldn’t find him hanging out with a lot of girls.”

“Dude, are you gay?!” Carl asked in disbelief making me laugh—loudly. Everyone, including Drake’s dad, his uncle, his aunt and of course, his mom looked at me with amazement and curiosity in their eyes.

“Sorry,” I grinned, stopping myself from laughing. I then glanced at Drake who looked embarrassed which I hope because of Carl’s statement not because of me. “I mean, I highly doubt that.”

Tessa then smirked and leaned in closer. “Would you like to explain that, Courtney? I’m not saying that I think he’s gay or anything but just to prove that point, maybe?”

“He’s just a gentleman,” I answered throwing a side glance towards Drake. “He doesn’t take advantage of girls even if those girls were obviously trying to flirt and throw themselves at him.”

“They weren’t.” Drake immediately countered.

“Are you that dense?” I asked in disbelief. “I’ve been seeing a lot of them trying to flirt with you. Do you really think they wouldn’t know the value of gravity? I mean, that’s pretty basic.”

“Who knows?” He answered as he shrugged his shoulders. “Maybe, they really don’t know.”

I rolled my eyes at him, making Tessa laugh.

“Drake still needs to know a lot more about girls,” Tessa told me making everyone in the dining table laugh except for Drake who protested. “We should teach him more about it.”

“Anyway,” Carl interjected, purposely trying to stop his sister from saying more. “You don’t have a boyfriend, do you?”

His question alone made me froze. It reminded me of what had happened earlier and then I took a deep breath.

“Carl.” Drake told him in a cold voice.

“She does,” I heard Diana answered. “Right, darling?”

“Mom, do—” Drake started but I immediately cut him off.

“Actually, I’m single.” I answered trying to sound as casual as possible as I placed my hand on my lap. I then felt Drake’s hand on top of mine and squeezed it as if comforting me. “I…I broke it off with him today.”