Chapter 6-Nerd Girl and Nerd Boy Is Equal to What?

Chapter 6—Nerd Girl and Nerd Boy Is Equal to What?

Mr. Robertson was trying to hold back his smile when he gave me the results of our quiz last Monday. Usually, when he would give it to me, it’s either he would look extremely bored or smirking because I failed.

You see, that old guy hated me that much. When I failed his exam, which is most of the time, he would look at me as if there’s nothing new. Well, there’s really nothing new with that and he looked like he was actually expecting it.

Sometimes, however, he would look at me smugly because he was glad I failed his exam. It’s like he would actually make our exam difficult just to make me fail because he was a little disappointed at me. It won’t make any difference though. I still fail his exams—easy or not.

I sighed before I took the results from him. With that look on his face, it’s either I failed again or I almost failed. He then walked away and gave the paper next to me—Drake.

“Keep it up, Mr.Collins.” I heard Mr. Robertson told Drake. I looked at him and Drake was smiling politely at the old man.

I rolled my eyes at Drake as he just shrugged his shoulders at me. Yea, he just shrugged his shoulders as if getting an A+ was no big deal.  I then set my eyes on my paper and flipped it so I would be able to see my score which would be an F, as usual.

I blinked my eyes as soon as I didn’t see an “F” on it. I sat properly and rubbed my eyes. Am I being deceived by my own freakin’ eyes?

In the top right corner of my paper was a “B-” written on it. This must be a joke. Someone should announce now that this was a joke before I’d get my hopes up.

“Great job, Ms. Richards.” I heard Mr. Robertson said making me turn to his direction.  I swear I could feel my cheeks blushing right now. He was on the other side of the room and everyone’s eyes were now set on me.

“You have to keep that up, Ms. Richards. You should have done that when class has started but at least it wasn’t that late.” He told me. He then looked at everyone. “Guys, please congratulate your classmate, Ms. Richards for not failing the exam and for actually getting a B minus.”

I then looked at my paper, a little embarrassed. I’m proud of the results of my exam it’s not every day I’d get a B minus, alright? I actually want to call my parents right now to share the good news but I would sound like I have never experienced getting a grade this high. Well, in physics, yes but in my other class? Nope, I actually do well in my other class.

Some of my classmates clapped including Drake.  I had to thank him later for teaching me. I glanced at him and he was smiling, looking proud.  I then heard a snort from someone seated in front. It was from that nerdy red head in front.

She was looking at me as if she was better than me. Fine, maybe she was better in Physics but come on, she doesn’t look better than me. Not that I want to judge people, trust me, I don’t like it. Shelby does though. This ginger, however, was looking at me up and down and she was rolling her eyes. 

Just wait until I get out of this room, I’ll be pulling out those braces of yours using my bare hands.  The bell then rang signalling for the end of the class and the end of the week. I immediately smiled and took my bag.

Before I could even stand up, the ginger was already making her way on me. I looked at her with furrowed brows and then she stopped and turned towards the other side. She was in front of Drake.

“D-drake.” She said. I immediately noticed the blush that was forming on her freckled cheeks. Oh, so she likes him. Interesting.

Drake looked at her questioningly and she blushed even more. I just had to fight the urge to laugh at her.