27. New Years Eve / Back to Hogwarts. Part 2.

(A/N - apparently people don't like me enough for me to get 20 votes for the story. So, I will settle for 10 votes per story. I will not be uploading until I get 10 votes for this story. Cheers)

You stared down at the man on his knee, “Yes, I will be you girlfriend, Fred.” you smiled at him kindly, helping him up and off his knee, which was now wet from kneeling in the snow.

Fred wrapped his arms around your middle, and pulled you towards him. Taking in your scent, he sighed lightly into your shoulder. Pulling away from you slightly, he tilted your chin upwards once again, and kissed you. “Come on, lets go back inside and join the others.” he never gave you a chance to reply, before he pulled you back into the warm house.

“Shadow!” you called out for the puppy, which bounded into the house right after you. You felt yourself being pulled again, this time towards the only seat available in the living room.

Fred took a seat on the chair, then pulled you into his lap. A big grin was plastered to his face, as he draped his arm over you waist.

You couldn’t help but notice the looks you were getting from most of the Weasley’s. Instead of looking horrified, both Arthur and Molly were looking on approvingly. Ginny and Ron seemed to not be bothered by the fact that you were on their brothers lap. And George was merely smirking at the two of you. ‘Well, this is going better than expected…’ You thought to yourself.

‘That’s because everybody already knows.’ Fred thought back at you.

‘Fred Weasley, get out of my head.’ you thought back at him flatly.

‘I don’t think so, it’s quite cozy in here, actually. I might stay a while.’ He thought to you mischievously.

‘Don’t make me hurt you.’ you thought darkly at him.

‘You wouldn’t.’ He thought back, calling your bluff.

You didn’t think, before placing a well aimed elbow in Fred’s stomach. ‘I don’t bluff.’

‘Oww…’ Fred thought back to you, if you weren’t in his lap he would have doubled over in pain.

‘Now, kindly get out of my head.’ You thought back to him.

‘Alright, alright.’ he thought back.

You noticed the small blue bead return to its original state, signalling Fred was out of your head.

Mrs. Weasley bustled around the room with wizard crackers, handing one to everybody. When she came to you, she wrapped her arms around you tightly, apparently very happy that you and Fred were now an item. Without a word, she handed you and Fred a cracker then bustled over to Hermione, Ginny, Harry and Ron.

Everybody was chatting away, passing the time till midnight, which was about an hour away.

You fiddled with the wizard cracker in your hand, starting to feel uncomfortable in Fred’s lap. Shifting slightly to make a move to get up, you felt Fred’s grip around your waist tighten on you, signalling he wanted you to stay there. You mumbled something, and wrenched yourself out of his grip and went into the kitchen. Your dog Shadow following behind you happily.

Fred stared after you for a moment, before returning to the conversation at hand. He was discussing with George and Lee about a new product they were trying to develop for their joke shop.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Everybody was now crowded around a clock in the living room, watching the second hand move closer and closer to midnight.