8. Will you go to the ball with me?

Everyone turned to stare at Dumbledore as he made the announcement.

"You're new champions," he began again, looking down at all his students, "will be determind by the team who brought the object of this tournament.... And, who landed on the pitch first."

Draco walked over towards your body, which was still laying on the ground. Putting a hand out, he pulled you up. "What were you thinking!?" he nearly yelled at you, referring to when you jumped off his broom.

You shrugged, "I just want to win."

"Yeah, well so do I, but I'm not about to jump off of a speeding broom and nearly break my neck!" he exclaimed.

"I guess I'm just crazy enough to do it." you muttered dismissingly.

Draco rolled his eyes at you, grabbing your arm, he practically dragged you over to the table that had appeared out of nowhere, in the middle of the field.

Hermoine placed a small jar of syrup from the inside of the tree, along with a golden leaf down on the table, a smug expression on her face.

You rolled your eyes at her, then nearly laughed when you saw they brought back the wrong items. Setting the the leaf Draco had collected from the inside of the tree, you crossed your arms, determind to win.

Draco glanced around, noticing it was Slytherin and Hufflepuff that had the hardened syrup leaf, while Ravenclaw and Gryffindor had the golden leaf, and a jar of syrup from the tree. Suddenly, Draco started to become very nervous, what if he had grabbed the wrong item? What if he was supposed to get a jar of syrup, and a golden leaf, like the two other teams...

'Alice would never forgive you for being so stupid.'

'She could've got it.'

'Yeah, but she trusted you to get it.'

Draco looked at you from the corner of his eye. Feeling himself relax a little, because you seemed so confident in the item he brought back.

You had noticed that the teams were divided, half of you brought the right item, and half of you didn't. You mentally sighed, hoping like h*ll you and Malfoy had brought the right item.

Dumbledore had approached the table, while each house head flanked at his sides. "Ah..." he muttered, looking at the division of the four houses.

Snape stared down at you and Draco, he caught your eye, and stared you down, as if saying 'detention for the rest of the year, if you fail me.'

You stared back at the greasy haired old man, your eyes narrowing slightly, almost in a challenge. If he wanted to win so badly, he should've put himself in the compitition.

"It appears." Dumbledore said, staring at the items layed out before him, "that Gryffindor and Ravenclaw have grabbed the wrong items."

You felt a flutter in your chest. You weren't sure whether or not it was a flutter of relief, or excitement about having the right items. "So, who won then?" you asked sharply, hating the suspense.

Dumbledore turned his gaze on you, "Ah, that is indeed the question." he grinned, bringing his wand up to his forehead. He closed his eyes, as a silver thread appeared out of his temple.

You grabbed Draco's forearm, waiting for the results. Why this old guy had to take so long was beyond you, and you were getting sick of all the suspense.

Draco casted a quick glance down, to see your hands gripping his arm. He smiled to himself lightly, turning his attention back to Dumbledore, when he began to speak.