14. Why am I partnered with you?!

You stared up at Draco willing him to continue. You could see Snape roll his eyes, and mumble something under his breath that looked like 'oh dear god.' out of the corner of your eye.

Draco casted a quick glance around the room, before taking a breath and continuing, "I'm supposed to find a suitable wife, to help carry on the Malfoy name, or my father will find one for me." he stated, shrugging his shoulders slightly.

You eyed him, "and what?" you began, "I'm supposed to be that wife?" you scoffed, yes, you had a crush on Draco Malfoy, yes, he was the most handsome guy in existance, and yes, you would date him within a heartbeat, but getting married? Wasn't that taking it almost a little too far?

Draco stared at you with raised eyebrows, "don't flatter yourself. After all, we're not even dating." he sneered back at you.

"I hate to intrupt this lovers quarrel, but I need you two to leave my classroom now." Snape's monotone voice broke the tension between yourself and Draco.

The two of you stopped your glaring competition long enough to stare at Snape, before getting up and leaving the classroom.

You wrapped your robes tight around your body, trying to keep out the chill air. You glanced out the window as snowflakes fluttered with the breeze gently. You stopped to watch them, slightly in a trance.

Draco stopped behind you, watching for a moment as you stared out the window at the snowflakes. "Come on Smat, we don't have all day." he stated, gently pushing your shoulder.

"Huh?" you asked, shaking your head lightly, snapping out of the trance. "Right..." you mumbled, continuing to climb back up the stairs. Entering into the dorm room, you pulled on a shirt, and took a seat on the bay window by your bed, and turned your attention back out the window. Sighing lightly, you pulled out a piece of parchment and started writing.

'Dear parentals,

We are going to have to replace cousin Deb's fireplace.... I will explain more over christmas break about what happened, but know it was for school purposes. I'm now head girl of Hogwarts, because of the tournament Draco and I won (also the reason we have to replace said fireplace...). Draco is headboy, we're both the Slytherin prefects.... He's a bit of an arse if you ask me, but he can be nice sometimes too....'

You stared at the letter, reading the last bit. Touching your lips lightly with the tip of the feather from your quill, you remembered the moment in the bathroom where Draco kissed you. Resting the back of your head against the wall, you began to write again.

'Classes are going well, and time seems to go by so fast while I'm here..... I can't help but wonder how the two of you are doing, you never write me. Although, I know its because you're busy with work.... But still! Knowing you're both still alive would be nice...

I will see you both on Christmas break, until then, I love you.

Alice.'

Folding the parchment, you slipped it into an envelope, and printed your parents name on the front. You opened the window, and whistled lightly, waiting for the carrier of your letter to arrive. Holding your arm out, a large bird landed on it. Its black feathers brushed against your face, as you handed the hawk your letter. Gently, you stroked it, taking in the sight of its rusty brown and black feathers. "You know where to take this, don't you Flo?" you stared kindly into the birds eyes.

It seemed almost like Flo nodded, before flapping her wings and taking off, carrying your letter to your parents.

You smiled, you had bought Flo back in Canada, during your first year. Everybody else had owls, much like this school, and you just couldn't find one you liked, but then you saw Flo, and had to have her. Looking down at your watch, you grumbled. Swinging your legs over the edge of the ledge, you hopped down from your perch in the window. It was time for Transfiguration class.