22. Long time, no see.

(A/N. For those of you on twitter, I just created an account. If ya would like to follow me or somethin, send me a message and I'll give ya my account name ^^)

You stared at the figure of Bellatrix Lestrange in your room. It only took seconds for you to switch from feeling terrified, to insanely enraged. You glared at the disgusting woman and lunged at her, knocking her feet out from under her, then jumping onto her chest and pinning her down with your weight. "What do you want." you hissed, giving her the death glare from h*ll. You didn't need magic to kill this ignorant twat off, you just needed your bare hands. Thats what clicked in your head, you quickly brought your hands up to her throat, and squeezed as hard as you could, while forcing your weight onto the hands.

"Blimey! Alice calm down!" the door swung open as Ron and Hermione ran into the room, prying you off of Bellatrix.
"No!" you screamed, using all your strength to have another go at Bellatrix, "let me go!"

Both Ron and Hermione were holding your arms, but yet you still managed to drag them across the floor in your mad rampage.

"Real funny George!" Ron yelled, as Bellatrix morphed back into George, who had apparently transfigured himself for a small amount of time.

George was grabbing at his throat, "Geezus, you were really out to kill me ay?" he coughed, his voice rasphy.

You dropped to your knees, and burried your face in your hands. You hadn't realized that it was really George just trying to play a prank on you.

"Bloody h*ll.... what happened here then?" Fred walked passed the room, noticing the scene in your room, to which he took an invite to enter the room himself.

"Get out..." you uttered, not looking at the group. You didn't hear them make a move, so you felt the need to clarify your need for them to leave. "Get out!" you screamed, glaring around the room angrily.

"Alice...." Hermione began going to put a hand on your shoulder to comfort you.

You could feel Hermione come closer, but you slapped her hand away. "Just leave." your voice cracked. You were more begging for privacy than requesting them leaving. You didn't want the group see you reduced to a whimpering pile.

Slowly, but surely the group exited the room, although it was against their better judgement to leave you alone, but its what you wanted.

You heard the door click closed as the last person exited the room, thats when you let it all hit you. Tears streamed down your face as you curled onto the floor in a small ball. You had tried to hold back these feelings, all the regret you carried with you every day, knowing you were unable to protect that four year old girl who died by the hands of a dirty slag.

You took in a shaky breath, while your vision focused and un-focused itself. You paid no mind to it, your vision was blurred by all the tears anyway. You laid on the floor for hours, crying to yourself and thinking about all the ways you could have protected your cousin, what you could have done but didn't. It should have been you that died that day, not poor little Jamie.

Feeling another wave of tears rush over your body, you let out a small whine, letting only the people nearest you know the hurt you were feeling. Sitting up, you glanced around the room which was rather bare. You couldn't help yourself, the tears had slowed, but hadn't completely stopped, and the sadness seemed to have been replaced with anger and disgust for yourself.

"Have you two gone completely mental!?" Hermione yelled at Fred and George, "What in the world possessed you to trasnfigure yourself into Bellatrix Lestrange and hide in her room?!"

"We were just having a little fun...." George muttered, hanging his head.

"Just wanted to give her a little bit of a scare..." Fred smiled grimly, as he took in the bruise marks around his brother's throat.