23. St.Mungo's

The woman stepped into the room and stood at the foot of the bed. "I heard you had a pretty eventful night." Her hair flashed red with anger when she glanced at the two twins.

You smiled at Tonks, "just a little bit." you knew that Tonks already knew about what happened. "how's work?" you asked, changing the topic.

Tonks shrugged, "ah, you know...." she rolled her eyes and sighed, "over worked, under payed.... The usual. Anyway kiddo, I've got to go, just had to check in for your parents."

You smiled, "See you later Tonks." you watched as she walked out of the room, followed by the small creaks of the stairs as she decended. You glanced between George and Fred, who both had raised eyebrows. "She works with my parents...." you shrugged acting as if it was an after thought.

"So your parents are Auror's?" George asked, raising an eyebrow at you.

You nodded, a little surprised they didn't know.

"Wicked...." the twins said in unison.

You smiled sadly, "It's not as great as it sounds..... I never know how they're doing.... or even if they're still alive. Because of their job its rare for them to send me owls while I'm at school, cause they're scared it would get intercepted and then I'd be a target..."

 You noticed the saddened looks that you were getting from the twins, "but it's not like its a big deal, teaches me to fend for myself..." you added, as you decided to test your luck with standing. You swung your legs over the edge of the bed, and ignored the protests from the twins. "It'll be fine." you muttered wincing as you put pressure on your feet, however it didn't hurt too horribly.

"You shouldn't be standing yet." George protested to you standing and moving around on your own.

You smiled at him thoughtfully, "You don't grow if you don't push yourself.... Don't worry, I'll be fine." you paced yourself as you walked around the room, gradually putting more pressure on the balls of your feet as you went.

The twins were practically hovering over their chairs, waiting for you to collapse or something else to happen of that sort.

"Relax..." you called, walking towards the window and glancing around the vast land around the house. The snow was a little thicker on the ground now and there was more still coming. "Hey... lets go outside." you said suddenly, turning to look at the two boys who had an uneasy look on their faces.

"Are you sure you should be moving around so much, so soon?" Fred asked, eyeing you suspiciously, "Besides, there isn't much to do outside, unless you want to de-gnome the garden..."

You grinned, "sounds like fun." You started heading towards the door. You pushed it aside and started the decent towards the door that lead to the almost snowglobe like scene that you had just seen moments previous. 

Cringing while putting your shoes on, you pressed the door and let it swing open, filling your nostrils with the fresh winter air. The light crunching of snow sounded everytime you took a step in the white fluff. You spun around happily, and for once in your life, felt carefree. Out of the corner of your eye you saw Fred and George appear out of the doorway, and immediately you scooped up some snow, and threw a snowball at each of them. You bursted out laughing as they both looked at you in shock, before you noticed the evil glint in their eyes.

"Oh you've done it now Alice!" Fred called out, scooping up some snow. "Hasn't she George?"

"Right she has, Fred." George replied, also bending down and scooping up some snow. The two twins advanced on you.

You let out a little playful squeal before running off trying to avoid the snowball attacks. You gasped as a snowball flew millimeters from your head, that was alarmingly close. You turned to scold the twins for nearly hitting you in the head with a snowball. You were hit square in the chest as soon as you turned around "Oh, its on now!" you yelled at them, whipping snowball after snowball at them at such speed that they couldn't even make one snowball.