24. Diagon Alley

"Sure... why not." you smiled at him. Everytime you were around Fred, you had felt your heart flutter. You were listening to him speak intently, everytime he did speak. You actually felt like this once before, just weeks previous..... To a blonde haired, grey eyed Slytherin boy.

Fred grinned, an unnoticable glint of mischiviousness in his eye. 

You eyed him suspiciously, "what are you planning?"

"Oh nothing." He replied simply,

"Oddly, I don't believe you." you stated flatly.

Fred's smirk widened, "how are we going to have a relationship if you don't trust me, Alice?"

You shook your head at him, "Sure, sure Fred."

That whole night you spent talking to Fred, not about anything in particular really, just interests, favourite subjects in Hogwarts (and when Fred was there). The two of you were so intuned into each other that neither of you noticed that Mrs. Weasley came into the room to tell you both that dinner was ready.

"Fred dear, will you bring her down?" Molly asked giving you a small smile.

"Sure thing mum." he replied, bending down and carrying you bridal style down the stairs and into the kitchen. Gently he placed you in a chair and pulled the one next to you out and took a seat on it.

You tried to ignore the looks everybody was giving you because of your enterance in Fred's arms. If anybody asked, you'd just tell them its cause you're not supposed to walk yet. That is, of course, unless you want another visit to St. Mungo's.

"We've gotten quite good at predicting the moves of others. We even got Mrs. and Mr. Weasley to have a go at hiding from us..." Hermione said, breaking the awkward silence since you entered the room.

You smiled, "that's good." At least they've been doing some training while you were healing. "We will probably resume lessons after tomorrow." you cast a glance towards Fred out of the corner of your eye, and felt a small flutter in your chest. 

Dinner came to a close, Fred picked you up yet again, instead of carrying you up the stairs though, he saved you the embarassment and apparated to your room.

You smiled at Fred and tried to hide a yawn. "Thanks for not making a show of me going up the stairs..." you mumbled, trying to fight off another yawn unsucessfully.

Fred smiled back at you, before placing his hand on your head and ruffling your hair. "No problem... You should sleep though, you seem exhausted." 

"A little bit..." you admitted, kind of disappointed that he was going to leave.

"Good night Alice..." he smirked slightly. He bent down and kissed your cheek then turned on his heel and closed the door behind him quietly.

You felt heat rush to your cheeks, that was the second time Fred Weasley had kissed you. Settling yourself back into the pillows you sighed, what were you going to do about this? You obviously had a thing for Fred, but what about Draco?

'What about Draco? He's a right arse.... Forget about him.'

'How does one simply forget Draco Malfoy?'

'I don't know, but he seemed to forget us pretty quick....'

 You lay in the bed, just staring at the ceiling. You were very tired but sleep was being none too nice, and not coming quickly. Figuring it would help if you closed your eyes, you did so and prayed that you would fall asleep quickly.

---------------------------------------------

You awoke the next morning after a restless night. You managed to get a few hours of sleep, but for most of the night, you just laid in bed waiting for sleep to come. Swinging your legs over the side of your bed, you slid out from under the covers, and went over to your neatly packed trunk to find your shampoo and conditioner. It had been a couple of days that you haven't showered, and you definatly didn't smell very nice.