chapter 33 - "fuck this day"

Jake is back from his trip finally and me, Jake, Johnnie and Tara are meeting up today. It's been almost two and a half month since the whole incident happened and honestly I'm not even mad at her anymore.

"When is Tara coming?" Jake asks us, standing by the kitchen island while me and Johnnie are sitting across the island.
"An hour" I respond.
"Shit I gotta get ready" Jake says and leaves the kitchen.
"I wonder if Jake and Tara ever will be back together" I say to Johnnie, he looks surprised at my thought.
"do you hope so?" Johnnie asks me. I remain silent for a moment, do I hope they get back together? Well kinda?
"I don't know, as long as they're happy I guess" I respond.
"Yeah me too"

-

TARAs pov:

I pulled up to Jake and Johnnies house, knocking on the door. It's weird to knock a door that I used to burst through and yell that I'm back there. Now I haven't been here in literally two months.

Jake opens the door and lets me in.
"Hey" I say, Jake doesn't say hey back, which is weird. I wonder if everyone here is actually still mad. What I did was shitty but everyone knows I'm sorry?

"Hey Tara" y/n slightly smiles at me. The four of us sit down by the couch, just as we used to. Except it's a weird vibe in the air, we all know that this is nothing like it used to be like.

We sit in silence before I decide to say something.
"Guys I'm sorry, I know you guys are mad probably but I am really really sorry for all the drama I've caused" I finally admit.
"Tara, we're not mad, at least not me" y/n breaths out, Jake nods in agreement but Johnnie remains silent. In one way I think Johnnie will forever be mad at me, in another way he shouldn't be mad at me.

"I need my jacket from our room" Johnnie says to y/n at leaves the couch and walks away. Our? What does he mean?
"Our room?" I question, looking over at y/n.
"Oh y/n has moved in with us" Jake explains and Johnnie is back with us, with his jacket on.
"Oh that's cool" I say, I wonder why they never asked me to move in? I've been their friend for way longer than y/n? No Tara, you can't think like this, be happy for y/n.
"What?" Johnnie asks.
"We told Tara I live here" y/n explains. "Anyways we're not mad at you and honestly I'd love to be friends again, I miss you" Y/n admits.
"I've missed you all so much" I admit as well.

My eyes seek over Jake, I wonder if we ever get back together, I would really like that. I miss him so much, it's like a part of me deep down knows I've always belonged with him.

-

JOHNNIEs pov:

We're still on the couch, Jake, y/n and Tara are talking but I don't want to talk. I'm still lowkey upset with Tara, she was so jealous of y/n that she needed to ruined her and if she can do that once, what if she does it again? Y/n and me were really so close to fucking giving up on us just because she was a little jealous? Be happy for your best friend, goddamn.

Maybe I'm not that pissed off but I think it's a lacing of respect and mean as fuck.

"I'm tired I'm going to rest" I sigh and stand up to walk away to me and y/ns room. Honestly I'm not even tired but I'm not in the mood to pretend that I'm fine with all this.

When I enter the bedroom the door opens again after me and y/n steps in.
"You followed?" I ask.
"Yeah of course, you seemed off. Are you alright?" She asks.
"I'm just tired of pretending like Tara did us dirty as fuckkk, I'm like still upset with her" I explain and y/n face softens.
"I'm sorry we're forgiving her if you feel like that, really" she apologises but she doesn't need to apologise, it's not her fault.
"It's fine, I'm just in a really bad mood" I explain.

Y/Ns POV:

Me and Johnnie are standing in the middle of the floor, talking. He seems so upset that me and Jake are fine with Tara and maybe I should've talked about it more to him, I feel kinda bad for just thinking about myself.
"I'm sorry" I blurt out, looking down at my feet.
"Don't apologise, I just need some alone time away from you" Johnnie admits. Alone time? From me? That sounded so weird but what did u do? I just wanted to have my friend back and he was supporting me before and now he's all mad and needs alone time?
I nod and leave the room, going back to the couch we're Tara and Jake were.
"Hey" I say, sitting down my Jake. Jake and Tara don't pay attention to me and keep on laughing and talking. I curl my legs up against my chest, as I always do when I'm emotional. I sit there and watch Jake and Tara have such a good time.

"How's Johnnie??" Jake suddenly asks me.
"Just tried, so am I" I respond, faking a smile. I wonder if Johnnie meant he needed like an hour alone or like days? No he didn't mean days but like what if he's actually really upset or just needed five minutes? I'm just so confused.

-

Tara leaves pretty soon afterwards and Jake goes to him room, I stay in the couch, avoiding to go back to mine and Johnnie's room.

After a few minutes, maybe half an hour Johnnie comes out of the bedroom and slips down next to me.
"Hey" he says, his voice isn't off anymore and he sounds genuinely happy.
"Hi" I say back, shortly.
"I'm going out with a few friends, I'll be back tonight" he says, kisses my forehead and gets up from the couch again.
"Who?" I ask.
"Just a few people, you probably don't know them" he responds and leaves the house. What the fuck? Okay so now we're leaving without any at all explanation where, with who and when? Why is he being like this? Johnnie never goes out unless it's with me, Jake or Tara, at least used to be Tara.

"JAKE!" I yell loud enough for Jake to come running out of his room.
"Yes what does the princess in this house need?" Jake says with his mom soccer voice.
"You're so cringe ew, anyway Johnnie just left to go out with some friends, wouldn't tell me who. Any ideas?" I ask, I try to sound as casual as I can.
"What?" Jake says, almost like he doesn't believe me.
"The fuck you mean what??? Johnnie left and I don't know where or with who, help me out?" I ask again, soundly slightly more mad.
"I'll text him" Jake responds and grabs his phone out of his pocket.
He starts aggressively typing on his phone, then he looks at me and sits down on the couch by me.
"Tell me when he texted you back" I say and put on the tv.

Seconds later Jake's phone buzzes and he reads the message out loud.
"I'm at *bar name* with Carrington" Jake reads and looks over at me.
(A/N: let's just say that Jake and Johnnie know Carrington even though he lives with them irl they're just friends here)
"Who's Carrington?" I ask, genuinely confused because I don't think I've met him.
"That's a friend of ours, didn't know Johnnie knew him that close but whatever, now you know" Jake says and leaves me alone in the couch again.

This whole day have been a mess

-

*hours later*
It was getting late, 10pm. Johnnie was still not back and I was tired as fuck. I slipped into some pyjamas and got into bed. It felt empty, I haven't slept alone since I moved here which was months ago.

"Going to bed, wake me up when you get home, I love you <3" I type to Johnnie and a minute later he reacts with a heart to the message, not even a „I love you" back or even a goodnight. Fuck this day.

————————————————————————
HELLLOO🌸

More drama, drama and dramaaaa (kinda)
Also finally Carrington was mentioned?! Took way too long lolz
I lowkey like this chapter !

Wordcount: 1441
// author 🌸