chapter 24 - Tara's messages

Y/Ns pov:

We got into Johnnies bedroom and right as he closed the door behind I'm I spoke up.
"Why didn't you tell your mom I was coming? Nor tell me you have siblings? Did your mom even know you have a girlfriend?" I say, slightly annoyed but I try to keep my cool. No need to make a scene at his mother's house.
"I'm sorry, I don't know" he says, he didn't really sound like he even meant it.
"It feels like you always do this, when you were supposed to meet my parents you met up with Alex and now you haven't even told your mother about us. Don't you think that's a little weird?" I question, a tear rolls down my cheek. I get so sad when I think about the time he went off with Alex, I still cannot believe he did that.
"Y/n I'm sorry" he says, leaning in for a hug but I push I'm away.
"Don't, can't you see I get hurt when you do these small things?" I say. I feel bad for making such a scene but come on, it's our six months anniversary in like two weeks and he haven't even told his mom?
"I'm going on a walk to clear my mind" I say, dramatically leaving the room, heading to the front door.

"Where are you going?" Mary asks me as I leave.
"Just a quick walk, needed some air" I smile, hopefully she didn't hear us talk.
Once I'm out I dig in my jack pocket and fidget up a tiny package of cigarettes and a lighter. I never smoke, unless loves shitty so I always keep a few cigs and a lighter in my pocket. Just in case.
I light the cigarette and starts walking around the neighbourhood.

JOHNNIEs pov:

Y/n just left, I get it I did something wrong but can't she see I'm struggling to tell people things? I find it hard to just spit out everything, like she does. I understand she's sad but come on, won't she get it?

I sit down at the end of my tiny bed and look around my room. It looked the same like it did when I was fourteen, mom never changed it.

Y/n had been out for almost an hour and not gonna lie, I was getting worried. What if she never comes back? What if she takes a quick plane home?

Y/Ns pov:

After a little more than an hour of walking and smoking I make my way back to the house. I open the door and lock it after me.
"I'm back" I smile to Mary, who's sitting in the couch just by the front door, reading. She smiles back and nods at me.

I go up the stairs and enter Johnnies bedroom.
"Hey" I slowly say as I sit down by him.
"Hey, got worried for a sec" he says, slightly smiling.
"I'm sorry I got mad at you!" I burst out, hugging him.
"It's alright, I see why" he shortly says.

It was getting late and we were going to bed. Johnnie's bed was pretty small and I ended up laying on top of him while he makes circles with his fingers on my back.

A while later, Johnnie has fallen asleep but I couldn't sleep at all. I get off him and go into the bathroom that's connected to his room and bring my phone with me.
I open the messages app and send a message to Tara.

You: Tara did you know Johnnie never even told his mom that we are dating? Nor tell her that I was even coming with him?
It takes a minute for Tara answers.

Tara<3: whattt, that's so weird. R u mad??
You: I did talk to him and were so mad and sad y but I went for a walk but not gonna lie, that was so shitty of him and I never thought he'd do that. Am I overreacting?
Tara<3: no girly, I'd be so mad too. Jake took me on the cutest date today omg.

I don't respond to her last message, I don't want to hear of how good she and Jake's doing right now. I go back to the bedroom and lay my body on top of Johnnie's again.

JOHNNIEs pov:

I woke up the next morning, with y/n still curled up on top of me. I'm so happy she's not mad anymore. I wake her up and we go down stairs to have breakfast.

"Did you sleep well?" I ask, kissing her head as we walk out of my room.
"Mhmm" she nods. " did you?" She adds.
"Yeah" I say.

We enter the kitchen and my mother has made waffles, my favourite.
We sit down at the kitchen table after grabbing a plate and start talking to my mom.
"So how did you two meet?" She asks y/n, well both of us but y/n answers.
"At a mutual friend's party, then I started hanging out with Johnnie and the friends and yeah" she replies. I nod.
"Sweet!! What do you do for like work?" She asks, this is staring to sound like an interview.
"Oh I was unemployed for a while but I've also started doing YouTube actually!" She replies, smiling.

The rest of the conversation was just normal „getting to know each other" stuff, my siblings have already left to their jobs.
We finished breakfast and went up to my room again.
"I wanna take you to the mall here, it's so nice" I smile to y/n.
"That'll be so much fun, by the way: can you help me edit the vlog?" She asks me and of course I agree. I edit it quickly, she said she only needed help with the clipping and the rest she knew.
While she did that, I started getting ready for the mall.

Just as I was done, I saw that Tara texted me.
She sent a screenshot of texts from y/n saying she was super mad at me and wanted to leave me with the text "someone's not happy with you". Why would y/n text Tara that? There's no way?

Y/Ns pov:

I finished editing and uploaded the video. I was just going to wear sweat pants and a crop with no make up to the mall so I didn't need to get ready.
I went into the bathroom and saw Johnnie staring at his phone, with a disappointed look on his face.
"What's wrong?" I ask him.
"Nothing. Let's go" he says, his voice is stiff and cold. He's definitely seen something on his phone that's not good.
"Hey stop it? Tell me what's wrong?" I ask again.
"Oh you're just going to leave me over something so small?! That's ridiculous!!" He tells, leaving the bathroom then the bedroom and I hear the front door slam shut. What the fuck is he talking about? I run after him down the stairs and out on the street.
He's no where on the street, how far could he have ran? He doesn't even drive nor have a car so he must have ran.

I look around the entire neighbourhood but I can't find him..

—————————————————————————-
HI💞!
OoohOooh cliffhanger!!!
Did Tara really fake these messages? Why'd she do that? Will this be the end of y/n x Johnnie?

THANKS FOR (almost) 4K READS!!!!!
It's like 1am on a Sunday I need to sleep lolz
Wordcount: 1258

// author 🌸