˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ 30

seungkwan hasn't spoken to his friends in a few days, a fact that neither of them would let him forget.

it started off silent for the first day. seungkwan called off from work that day, not feeling like going in just in case mingyu or wonwoo cornered him there. but then he remembered that they were mad at him, which made him feel worse because they obviously won't corner me at work because they don't want to see me. and then he just ended up crying alone at home that day.

the next day, he received ominous messages from his best friends along the lines of wanting or needing to talk to him. seungkwan assumed that one of two things could happen. one, they could pretend things are fine and end up starting another argument. or two, and this was the worst option, they would tell seungkwan that they felt betrayed by him and never speak to him again.

seungkwan didn't think he could stomach either of those options. so he decided to ignore them. because that was what he did best.

of course, nothing lasts forever. not even seungkwan's solitude. because after a few days of radio silence from seungkwan, mingyu came running into seungkwan's apartment and barged in on him in the shower.

seungkwan jumped back when he heard the door to his, assumed to be locked, bathroom slam open. he pushed himself against the shower wall and frantically covered himself with his arms, not that the intruder could even see him thanks to the shower curtain wonwoo urged him to buy years ago.

seungkwan felt his heart begin to race at the thought of someone breaking into his apartment. he squeezed his eyes shut, feeling tears begin to form in his eyes as he cowered against the wall. and just as he was beginning to form a plan to surrender his stuff so the intruder could leave him be, he heard them gently close the door and clear their throat.

"kwannie."

seungkwan opened his eyes, quickly dropping his arms as he shouted, "hyung, what the fuck is wrong with you?!"

"i'm sorry–"

"you're such an asshole, oh my god." seungkwan groaned out, wiping the tears that he had squeezed out earlier. now that he knew it wasn't a robber and just his stupid friend on the other side of his shower curtain, he felt embarrassed that he was crying just a moment ago. in his defense, it was out of fear.

"... are you crying?" mingyu murmured after a moment, feeling his face fall as he heard seungkwan's sniffles.

seungkwan saw the older boy's shadow head to the curtain and he gasped loudly, punching the nearing shadow through the curtain as he yelled, "don't come in here, you idiot!" he sighed deeply as he added, "and of course i was crying, i thought someone came in here to rob me and possibly kill me. god, i hate you." he muttered those last words, hoping that mingyu wouldn't take them to heart if he heard them.

mingyu felt embarrassed at his actions, so he just nodded softly as he took a few steps back. he sat up on seungkwan's sink counter, clasping his hands on his lap as he thought of what to say. he had a plan when he was driving over there, but now that he was there, he was at a loss for words.

after a moment of silence, mingyu sat up in his seat, feeling a surge of confidence as he said, "seungkwan, i'm here to talk."

seungkwan squeezed his eyes shut and shook his head. he stepped under the spray of water and tried to focus on washing the treatment out of his hair. he tried to sound casual as he said his next words, but he couldn't hide the vulnerability in his voice as he mumbled, "i thought you were mad at me."

"it doesn't matter if i was mad at you. we still need to talk." mingyu said firmly. he smiled slightly as he added, "and you're in the shower, so you can't run away."