˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ 7

seungkwan would like to think that he was a mature person. but he wasn't sure how much more he could take. it's one thing for seungkwan to be thinking about wonwoo and mingyu all of the time. it's another thing for his friends to be talking about them all the damn time. 

in an effort to avoid hanging out with the couple, seungkwan has been hanging out with his other friends. problem was, his other friends were obsessed with the new couple. seungkwan should've seen this coming, but it seems that his perception has been off balance lately. 

any time he hung out with his other friends, it was always wonwoo and mingyu this and wonwoo and mingyu that. seungkwan thought the problem was that he was hanging out his louder friends and gossip-y friends. so he thought he could get away from jeonghan and joshua and decide to hang out with seokmin and seungcheol instead. not much luck. even his quieter friends couldn't help but bring up the couple. 

"yeah, this movie is super cute. speaking of super cute, did you hear about what wonwoo and mingyu did for their date the other night?"

"mingyu is so sweet to wonwoo. he bought him flowers the other day, and wonwoo was blushing sooo hard."

"oh, me? no, i haven't hung out with mingyu or wonwoo in a bit. but, did you hear about the date mingyu is taking wonwoo on tonight?"

needless to say, seungkwan decided it was best to be by himself for now.

so when seungkwan's boss asked him if he could pick up more shifts that week, seungkwan leaped at the chance to work. whenever seungkwan was worried about something, he always busied himself with house chores or running errands. or, better yet, working a lot. and seungkwan's apartment was spotless, so throw himself into work it is.

seungkwan's job was easy for the most part. he fed and groomed the animals in their care, and also made sure that the place was clean for visitors and potential adopters. but whenever seungkwan finished his tasks, which he usually did pretty quickly, he either spent his time on his phone or taking the dogs out into the back lot and running around. and today he was running around with some of the dogs.

usually whenever seungkwan was in the back, he could hear the bells attached to the front door ringing to signal someone came in. but seungkwan was under a pile of dogs the same moment someone entered the pet shelter, so he wasn't able to hear bells chiming. seungkwan laughed loudly as several of the dogs licked his face, trying his hardest to shield to his face but failing miserably. not that he really cared, he knew it was a sign of affection from the dogs. 

a loud cough coming from the back door caused seungkwan and the dogs to freeze in their spots. seungkwan lifted one of the smaller dogs from his face and looked in the general direction of the doorway. the young boy's face dropped as he saw mingyu standing in the doorway, hands in his pockets as he looked down awkwardly at the sight before him.

seungkwan didn't even think about the idea of his friends, the ones he was trying to avoid specifically, visiting him at work. 

the boy gently nudged the dogs away as he stood up and stared back at mingyu. his face scrunched up in annoyance at the boy's presence, more annoyed at himself for not closing the back door like he always did. seungkwan leaned over and grabbed one of the toys next to him and tossed it to the other side of the yard. the boys watched with smiles as the group of dogs ran after the toy and began to fight over it.

seungkwan and mingyu looked at each other at the same time, their smiles falling almost instantaneously. seungkwan cleared his throat as he gestured for mingyu to go back inside. "this area is for employees only." seungkwan said quietly as he took a few steps forward, nudging the boy in the direction of the lobby.