˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ 21

seungkwan didn't know what to do.

the young boy spent the next ten or so minutes debating about who to text back first. should he even text them? what if he just pretended he didn't see the messages yet and talked to them later? no, he had his read receipts on, a fact that the boy cursed at the moment as he sat up in his bed and tossed his covers to the side.

he was unsure if texting was even the right thing to do at the moment. wonwoo and mingyu both seemed troubled at the moment and would probably do better if they had someone to talk to face to face. problem was, seungkwan was unsure if he was the right person for that. not only did he have his own thoughts about the situation, but he was also extremely tired and wasn't in his right mind at the moment. seungkwan was sure that if both of them knew how he really felt about the two of them, they wouldn't have run to him.

seungkwan just stared blankly at his phone, weighing his options as he gnawed anxiously on his bottom lip. both of the boys had texted him about an hour or two ago, so seungkwan figured that they weren't awake. he thought waiting until later in the day would be the best option, when the three of them would feel more energized and not say or do anything they would later regret. but he surprised even himself when he opened his chat with wonwoo and texted him back.

my kwan-ah ♥︎:
hyung
what happened? hello??

seungkwan was about to text mingyu next but froze as he saw the older boy was calling him. it was almost as if mingyu knew seungkwan was texting wonwoo. the thought humored seungkwan, but he wouldn't allow himself to laugh at the moment. 

the boy hurriedly accepted the call and pressed it to his ear. "hyung?" seungkwan mumbled, worry laced in his voice as he didn't hear mingyu greet him. there was silence on the other line, both boys waiting anxiously for one of them to speak up.

while seungkwan was waiting, he pulled his phone away from his ear as he felt it vibrate. his eyes widened as he saw that wonwoo texted him back. just as he was about to read it, mingyu finally let out a cough. seungkwan screwed up his face as he thought about the situation he was in.

"kwannie, i need your help." mingyu said simply.

seungkwan's heart sank at the older boy's words. any hope he had for the situation to play out on its own had gone out the window at that point. all he could do was be there for the both of them.

"hyung, what's wrong?" seungkwan asked as he typed out a reply to wonwoo along the same lines. wonwoo's message, which was an apology for waking seungkwan, was not his top priority at the moment.

at that point, both of the older boys were keeping seungkwan on the edge of his seat. neither of them were responding, and the atmosphere was suffocating the younger boy. his phone vibrated at that moment, and he let out a loud gasp as he silently read the older boy's message, momentarily forgetting he was on the phone with mingyu.

"what? what happened?"

seungkwan coughed as he said a simple nothing to the older boy, not wanting him to worry. he looked down at the message one more time as he heard mingyu sigh tiredly on the other line.

my wonu ♡:
i messed up
please forgive me

seungkwan snapped out of it as he realized mingyu was speaking as well. he quickly put his phone on speaker and screwed his eyebrows together as he tried to piece together what mingyu was saying. the older boy's breath was ragged, and he sounded extremely exhausted. he sounded just as exhausted as seungkwan felt, maybe a little more.