˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ 13

seungkwan closed his eyes as he laid back on the picnic blanket, his ankles crossed, and his arms behind his head serving as a makeshift pillow. his friends chatted loudly around him. the smell of sweets and various snacks wafted in the air around him. the sun was beating down on him, yet he didn't feel too warm as a cool breeze blew through the leaves. seungkwan could say this was the perfect day to be outside.

of course, if his friends weren't seemingly screaming in his ear about who knew what, he would be in a slightly better mood. nonetheless, it was a perfect day so far.

seungkwan peeped at his friends, wondering what exactly had them so riled up. he spotted seokmin and soonyoung dancing in front of their friends, half of them facing them and cheering loudly. his eyes flitted over to vernon and wonwoo who were playing on their gaming consoles, the older one leaning into mingyu's side. the young boy felt his eyes drift over to the taller boy, sighing softly as he saw the way the sunlight was highlighting mingyu's features perfectly. mingyu had his eyes closed as he leaned into wonwoo, his head tossed back as he looked towards the sky with a contented sigh.

seungkwan settled back down and closed his eyes, sighing softly to himself. he refused to let his stupid feelings get in the way of his trip with his friends. and for the most part, when he ignored mingyu and wonwoo, he actually found himself having a lot of fun.

his friends had done plenty of things in the past two days. they'd raided plenty of convenience stores and had late night talks outside while eating ramen. and when they wanted to act civilized for the day, they would visit art galleries and thoughtfully make remarks about what each piece posed a meaning for. seungkwan himself didn't understand much about art, but for his friends, he found himself acting along and using the words perspective and contemporary and such.

at night, the group found themselves settled into the corners of bars and clubs. they would often have to push tables together so they could sit together, but most of them wandered around the room, dancing on the floor or taking shots with strangers.

this day, however, they decided to relax and have a picnic at the riverwalk. one of the boys, jihoon, if he remembered correctly, laughed quietly as he quipped, "are we going out on a date?"

jihoon seemed to forget who his friends were. soonyoung and jeonghan exchanged mischievous grins and held a silent conversation with their eyes. they roped the rest of the boys into dressing into their cutest outfits and buying nothing but sweet liquor and sweet treats. so they raided a nearby bakery and made their way to the nearby riverwalk.

when the group found the perfect spot, a bright green patch of grass that was close to the river but far enough from the hoards of people that were there late in the afternoon, they laid out their blanket and interacted with each other as if the thirteen of them were on a date, some of them begrudgingly following along (jihoon and seungkwan).

as expected, mingyu and wonwoo were extra clingy that day. the second that the group split off into their own conversations, seungkwan forced himself to tear his eyes away from the couple and laid down on the blanket.

seungkwan felt someone hover over his head, blocking the soft sunlight that was lighting up his face. he scrunched his face, groaning softly as he felt someone tap his forehead. he slapped the hand away, opening his eyes as he heard the loud giggles of his older friend soonyoung.

soonyoung grinned as he leaned closer to the boy, grabbing the younger boy's face as he pinched his cheeks. seungkwan whined loudly as soonyoung inspected his face and said, "you look so cute when you're asleep."

"i wasn't asleep." seungkwan murmured out as he sighed softly.

"really? you've been really sleepy this entire trip." soonyoung muttered, biting his bottom lip worriedly as he searched seungkwan's face for something.