˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ 14

thank you so much for getting this story to 1k reads in a month ♡♡♡ it really means the world to me

anyways, onto the chapter :)

◇※◇※◇※◇※◇※◇※◇※◇

if it were up to seungkwan, he would stay inside the safety of their hotel room and bundle himself up in a blanket. maybe he would rent a cheesy romcom and cry pathetically over his losses.

and yet, as if by some crazy happenstance, aided by seungkwan's severely unlucky persona, when his friends asked if he wanted to go out to a club that night, he said yes. he said yes sarcastically. he was very clear about that. well. not clear enough.

the young boy was sure if his friends knew where seungkwan would end up that night, stranded in the streets of a city he hadn't visited in two years since he graduated, they probably wouldn't have decided to go out that night.

but seungkwan himself didn't know this. so there he was, happily getting ready for another night out. he decided after crying himself to sleep in wonwoo's arms two nights ago, that not only did he want to stop bringing the mood down with his sour attitude and his mood swings, he just wanted to forget. in any way possible.

seungkwan was usually the person who had to push his friends to go to clubs – if they were comfortable, of course. they'd usually have to drive to a nearby city, seeing that their small town didn't have any clubs, just one dingy bar that always smelled like barley and floor cleaner, which they did visit when they were particularly bored, but seungkwan just loved the excitement of getting dressed up with his friends and pre-gaming before they left for a big night out. maybe he just enjoyed those moments before they went to the club. throwing clothes at each other, jokingly flirting with each other, soonyoung insisting everyone had to do their eye makeup that night, the karaoke sessions they'd have on the drive there. 

maybe seungkwan should have just stuck with that.

as expected, his friends didn't disappoint. all of their pre-night out traditions were completed, with one exception: there was a couple in the group now. and they were clingy. and their friends loved to tease them for their clinginess. seungkwan, though he was screaming on the inside, joined in on the teasing, booing loudly with his friends whenever they would stop getting ready to share a quick kiss or just stare at each other from across the room longingly. it was annoying, but even seungkwan would admit it was cute.

and for seungkwan's sake, he was going to take a step back. he knows he's tried to do this many times before, but after what happened the other night, him trying to kiss mingyu and falling into wonwoo's arms at the end of the night, he knew he had to separate himself from those two the best he could. it proved to be very hard. they were sharing the same hotel room for the next three nights, but he did try his best. 

that was one of the great things about having so many friends. there was always someone there to distract him. so if seungkwan found himself in the bathroom with soonyoung and chan, fighting over hair mousse or a round brush, he could ignore the way wonwoo pressed up against him in the tiny bathroom to grab his comb.

seungkwan could just turn to soonyoung and scream, "why are we all sharing the same round brush?!" and the older boy would just giggle and say it was a way to bring all of them closer. and, yes, it did work, if the ten boys rushing into the bathroom vying for the same brush and hairdryer wasn't enough proof of that. but seungkwan was thankful for this. it was a good distraction from wonwoo and his looming presence in the bathroom.