Katakuri - One Shot

You could hear the footsteps echoing before he even entered

You could hear the footsteps echoing before he even entered. You braced yourself as your heart beat fast. You held your breath as you watched the door, waiting for it to fly open. You saw his much larger frame duck in. "Do-" you watched as he sighed and mumbled to himself. "Donuts.." he called out.

You chuckled as you stepped out. "Do I really have to call that out every time?" Katakuri crossed his arms, you couldn't see under the scarf but surely he was embarrassed. "If I have to hide in here, it's the least you can do" you grinned, walking up to him. He reluctantly reached his arms out and pulled you in.

"You're childish" he mumbled. Clearly displeased by his new code word, but if he was going to have you stowed away in his home, where multiple people lived, it was the least he could do. You couldn't count how many times you were nearly caught by his sister, Brûlée.

Katakuri had you hiding in here because of course, he wasn't allowed to date. It was up to his mother to marry him off, and he was being kept close so far for whatever reason. Not to mention he knew, like the rest of his siblings, if he was married off it would be to someone of the opposite sex, not the same.. and well, Katakuri was in love with a man, who he kept well hidden.

"I've had a rather busy day" Katakuri spoke up as he pulled away and started getting himself more comfortable. "I've got-" he looked down at his watch. "20 minutes, so come on" he ordered.

You knew what he meant and you happily walked over to his bed, pulling him by the hand. As you sat down you motioned for him to lay his head in your lap, like he always did. You began running your fingers in his hair, his happy and content little groans were music to your ears.

"You know you should take more breaks, I get bored" you sighed, scratching his scalp with your fingers. His eyes were closed, but you could tell he was listening to you. "I take too many already". You softly smiled continuing to play with his hair, twisting it around your fingers.

"Maybe you should take a day off" you proposed, not expecting him to take it seriously, he did everything his mother ever said, in his world, there wasn't days off. "Maybe. You know, I think I'm getting sick..". For a second you panicked until you realised.

"Such a shame.. I guess it can't be helped, if you're sick you'll need a day to rest" you smiled. Despite the fact he still had his scarf on, you could tell he was smiling back, as his piercing eyes opened again and looked into yours.

"Yes, lots of uninterrupted rest" he added, his eyes not leaving yours. It wasn't the perfect situation, being hidden like this, but for now, you'd take this sick day.. hoping in future you wouldn't need silly excuses to be around the man you loved.