Sabo - Promp #4

4#:"C'mere, you can sit in my lap until I'm finished working"

You sighed slipping out of bed. It was late, and cold, and you had enough of waiting. You walked down the halls of the base, heading straight for one room. As you passed other revolutionaries, you gave courteous smiles. You rubbed the tiredness from your eyes as you continued until you were stood outside the room.

You gave a small knock before pushing the door open. He didn't even look up from all the papers he had in front of him. "Sabo.." you gently spoke up, standing in the door way. He hummed, looking up at you. "Aren't you going to come to bed?" You added, looking at him tiredly.

Ever since you started dating Sabo, he had spent pretty much every night cooped up in his makeshift office, working away. Papers piled up everywhere, meetings he was prepping and reports he was writing up littered his desk. Not to mention the various books that hadn't been put back in their places dotted around.

"I'm sorry. I'm really behind" he sighed, signalling with his hand for you to come closer. "You look tired, you should get some sleep soon". There he goes again, worrying for your wellbeing but not his own. "How long will you be. I don't want to fall asleep without you again" you frowned, shifting your weight between your feet.

"Half an hour or so" he answered tapping his pen on his chin. "I can wait half an hour" you folded your arms, you knew better. If you left he'd spend hours in here. "Fine. C'mere, you can sit in my lap until I'm finished working". Sabo held his arms out, beckoning you into his lap.

You smiled, happily climbing into his lap and getting comfy. "Maybe I can help" you leant your head on his chest, as you looked at what he was doing. "No you just get comfy, I'll be done in no time" he smiled.

You nodded, and sighed, nuzzling into him. As Sabo continued scribbling down notes here and paragraphs there, you found he'd stroke your hair when he was thinking, or play with your fingers absentmindedly.

This wasn't the worst way to spend the evening. You could've done an hour like this, but when Sabo finally stretched and smiled down at you, you were excited to finally get to retire to bed with him for the night, and cuddle properly.