Sick - Law x F!Reader - Mini Fic 9

"Why are you saying you're gonna die?" Luffy asked, a harsh tone coming out. "Because I'm... alone" you sniffled, looking up to Luffy. "How can you say that? You have so many people here" Luffy argued, his hand gently resting on your back.

"Luffy I just want to go back to the crew" you cried. "It's only been a few days, you don't have more fight left in you?" He questioned. You shook your head. "Tra-guy what's been going on?" Luffy was confused. "I'm dying, I just want to come back to the Sunny" you hoped Luffy would listen to you.

"I'm not going to watch you die y/n, you have to fight" he prompted sitting you up. "You don't understand" you started. "He does" Law cut in. You looked up, practically burning a hole through the man. "When his brother..." Law elaborated. You looked over to Luffy who offered you a smile. "Traffy saved my life, he can save you too kay?".

You wiped your face. "Don't go back yet please" you begged holding onto Luffy. Law sighed. "I don't think I could send him back even if I wanted to, we'll reach an island soon so your crew can come visit okay?" Law knelt down next to you as he spoke. You nodded, offering him a smile, before turning to Luffy.

"Oh man this means I'll miss Sanji's cooking" he pouted. "Come on I've made it many days without it" you teased, allowing Luffy to help you up. "I'm starving" he whined. "I'm sure dinner will be dished up any minute now" Law told him. "Really?". Luffy lit up like a Christmas tree. "Can we go get some pretty please" he pleaded looking to get your permission. You had never known Luffy not just run off to grab food.

You nodded, realising you were still in your gown. "I need to get changed first and then I'll meet you there" you informed, suddenly coughing up the dust he left behind in his pursuit to find the kitchen. "I need to do a scan anyway" Law added, grabbing his sword. "Right" you nodded awkwardly, allowing him to walk you back to your original room.

After your scan you and Law were enveloped by an awkward silence. You weren't sure where you stood with him anymore, and you felt a little foolish for having such an outburst.. again. You also reminded yourself that you needed to apologise to Bepo, Shachi and Penguin.

"Well if that's that I'm going to get changed" you spoke up, hinting towards him leaving. His eyes flicked down to yours as his taller frame towered over you, and for a second he hesitated, as if he had something to say. You kept the eye contact with him, until he turned around and left, silently, no parting words were exchanged between the two of you.

You brought your hands up to rub your eyes. You shouldn't take his kind actions as an apology, and you were sure he wouldn't want you to anyway, because they weren't meant that way. The lack of apologies on either side made it so you felt you couldn't just try and bounce back to normal with him. It didn't seem like he wanted that anyway.

You gently removed your gown, setting it aside, and grabbed some comfortable clothes, that you had packed. If you had known Law was going to bring Luffy here you'd have asked in advance for him to bring your slippers too.

You decided you'd just put your clunky shoes on since you weren't attempting to be quiet anymore. Got to keep the toes warm. You exited the room, as the smell of food hit you, you felt put off. You weren't hungry at all. "You okay?" A man in a boiler suit asked.

"Were you just lingering outside my room" you asked, the room suddenly spinning. "No why would I be?" He laughed coming over to you. You felt his hand on your back helping you steady yourself. "I'm okay honestly, thank you" you smiled. Wishing to be alone in this moment, not pandering to a stranger.

"I can't just leave you alone you're clearly unwell" he spoke with concern, but looking at him you didn't recognise him, in fact you hadn't seen this man around the sub before. "Would you mind telling me your name?" You straightened yourself feeling a little better now.