Sick - Law x F! Reader - Mini Fic 1

A little info before you read: I've set this timeline as on the way to meet Law's crew after dressrosa, however this is also taking place in a AU, where Zou arc, Whole Cake arc etc don't exist!!

She/her pronouns!

You sat up in your bed in the girls dorm coughing. Your head felt muffled and your surroundings were blurry. You felt like your skin was melting off, as fever heightened your senses. Groaning, you stumbled out of bed heading for the galley. "Are you okay" you heard a voice from the darkness. You weren't sure who it was in this state, but you thought maybe Nami?

You simply waved and hummed as you continued on. You held onto walls and railings, still trying to find your footing. Waves of hot flushes and painful aches hit your body, still you were convinced a glass of cold water could fix whatever this was.

As the sharp wind hit your skin you winced, the stinging sensation was both unwelcome but nice. You just about managed to swing open the galley door before you fell, it was the last thing you remembered before waking in the infirmary.

You looked up, confusion took ahold of your face, your hands came to shield your eyes from the blinding light. It was all blurs, and pain shot through you when you tried to sit up. Chopper was zipping around you.

"Y/n you're awake". You heard the relief in his voice. You could tell the emotional reindeer was holding back tears. "You're lucky Traffy found you, you hit your head" he told you as he continued working on you. You finally noticed that you were hooked up to wires that only the heart Captain could have provided.

Your eyes lagged as you finally clocked the other doctor sat at Choppers desk, his long legs a little cramped in the chair. "What do you mean found me" you asked laying back down, cringing at how horse your voice sounded.

"You had passed out on your way to the galley around 2am" Chopper spoke, turning to Law. "You were severely dehydrated" the reindeer continued. You let out a little laugh of relief. All this from a little dehydration.

"Why are you laughing" Chopper scolded. "Sorry it's just a little dramatic for dehydration" you joked. You let your smile fall when you noticed the look Chopper and Law shared.

You looked between them. "What?". Law sighed rolling his chair to your beside, bringing the book he was studying with him. "Putting aside how serious dehydration is anyway y/n-ya, there's more to this" he started, his voice devoid of emotion.

"You still feel like crap right?" He questioned, you nodded waiting on what he had to say. He laid the book he was reading on your bed. Getting a glimpse of the title you froze. Rites Disease. You had heard of this before. This is a disease that has a 100% kill rate. Sailors are known to handle things themselves rather than succumb to this disease.

You hoped and prayed this was nothing to do with you, that it just so happened to be what he was reading. "I ran a scan on you earlier". You continued staring at Law, hanging onto every word he spoke, wishing he'd just say it all at once.

"I have that disease don't I?" You whispered pointing to the book. "Y/n I'm so sorry" Chopper cried as he hung onto you. You barely registered to hug him back as you locked eyes with Law.

Chopper pulled back to look at you, snot running from his nose. "We think it's better if you go with Traffy onto his sub" he sniffled. "What! No" you protested trying to sit your rigid body up through the pain.

"Y/n-ya, do you understand what you're dealing with" Law cut in. You didn't answer him, assuming he'd elaborate anyway, and he did. "I have the power to try and extract this from you, you could be the first case to survive but not if you stay here".