Sick - Law x F!Reader - Mini Fic 5

You woke with a start. Your breathing was rapid. Sitting back you sighed in relief, just a nightmare. "Everything okay" Law spoke up. You looked to him, he had his nose in his book. "What are you doing here?" You asked, shocked to see him sat beside you yet again.

"I'm a doctor, checking on my patient" he shrugged, continuing to flip pages in his book. "What are you reading?" You questioned, trying to get a look at his book. "This is just a medical journal" he quickly closed it, your questions cutting his focus.

"Do you have many books here?". He nodded at your question. "I have a lot of medical journals if that's what you mean". You let out an awkward laugh. "Do you have anything I could read? I'm not sure I'd understand many medical journals". Law thought on it for a moment.

He wondered whether he should reveal his comic books to you or not. Some of his crew didn't even know about it. "I mostly have medical books, however I believe Bepo-ya might have some comic strips" Law lied. He kept those comics for his own nostalgia is what he told himself, to save embarrassment that the one and only surgeon of death could have a childish interest.

"Oh comics, I used to read some when I was younger" you beamed, as Law roomed a stack into the room. You lightly dusted your fingers over the newspaper title "Wow these are pristine". You let a gentle smile creep onto your face. "Sora.. I used to read these a lot".

"You did?". You looked up to Law, who was watching your delicate fingers caress his comic strips. "Mhm, it was weird, I wasn't rooting for either side, it was just... exciting" you spoke, reminiscing on your past before the Strawhats.

"I personally couldn't stand Germa" he froze upon letting the words slip, too immersed in the conversation to catch himself. "So you've read these?". "Or has Bepo just filled you in on everything?" You teased, theorising that these must belong to him. Looking at the impeccable condition they were in, you wouldn't be surprised.

"I guess I'm caught" he sighed. "Everybody who grew up in the north blue knows these comics" he informed, picking one of the strips up. "So if you know about them you must be from there too?" He deduced. You fondly smiled.

"West blue actually, though my grandfather did a lot of undercover dealings with the marines, so he crossed over the calm belt a lot to the north blue, bringing these back" you explained, not even meaning to divulge all this information about yourself to Law. It was like word vomit you couldn't control.

"He was the only one who encouraged me to read, I grew up in a family of... fighters you could say" you continued. Law leant in listening to every word. He was intrigued, he couldn't explain why but he craved to know about your past. "Sorry this must be incredibly boring for you" you apologised, shaking your head. Mentally you cursing your babbling.

"I was just getting into it" Law smirked, his way of urging you on. You hesitated a second before diving right back in. "Well my grandfather, mother and father were part of a well known crime syndicate at the time, and so when they had children, they were all taught to fight, me and my 7 siblings"

He nodded, allowing you to continue, and for some reason you did. "I was different however, I preferred reading to my training, and would find every opportunity to do so, where my siblings excelled I fell behind". You pushed your hair out of your face, looking to Law, who hadn't moved still engrossed jn your story telling.

"It was known in my family we had to get jobs at 18, so the day after my 18th I got one as a librarian, nurturing my love for books for years. Much to my parents dismay"..

"Anyway my parents, weren't the nicest, and then I met Luffy and the rest is history, they're probably locked up somewhere now" you quickly wrapped up, so as to not go too deeply into it.