𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟖: 𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐆𝐎𝐓

(I know Margot isn't a Taylor swift song! So don't be confused if you see that and wonder! You'll understand but the end of the chapter *and No it isn't for Mary, Loretta little sister :)*)

꧁꧂

𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐈𝐅 𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐂𝐎𝐋𝐈𝐍, 𝐋𝐎𝐑𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐀 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐘 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐈𝐑 𝐖𝐀𝐘 𝐇𝐎𝐌𝐄

𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐈𝐅 𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐂𝐎𝐋𝐈𝐍, 𝐋𝐎𝐑𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐀 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐘 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐈𝐑 𝐖𝐀𝐘 𝐇𝐎𝐌𝐄. For the rest day Loretta had been in deep thought. She didn't understand why her father and brother denied Colin the opportunity to properly ask for her hand in marriage. They both knew how much the girl felt for him, and clearly now understood how Colin felt. It just didn't make sense.

Sure she needed to branch out and meet other people, possibly other suitors. But she didn't want or need to, not when the perfect guy was right in front of her. Colin is a true gentleman, he knows what to say in a bad situation, he understands the girls feelings like no other, and he never makes her feel uncomfortable. In fact whenever he isn't around she unconsciously uncomfortable. She doesn't understand it, but what she does understand is he makes her better. He has 𝐊𝐍𝐎𝐖𝐍 her for all their life, he's seen her at the worst times and the best. And still never left her.

She couldn't talk to Mary about her thoughts, after all the girl only nine. And has a little grasp of what love truly is. Etta couldn't talk to James Andrew, he is one of two candidates who denied Colin. Not her father either since he isn't very good at theses type of deep emotional talks, and he also denied the boy of her dreams. The brunette thought of talking to Maria, the house maid. But she surely is busy and didn't want to disturb the women with her personal problems.

So Loretta found herself venturing out into the Garden, and than eventually striding far past from where they ended. The sun had began to set, and the girl knew she really shouldn't be out after dark by herself. But it was needed. She needed to do this for herself, and to see the one person who could listen. With every step she took, she felt more and more relaxed. It was like she was in the air, telling her it would be all alright. And Loretta passes the tree she always passes when walking this route, she sees the vivid view of the handmade stone. Eventually meeting face to face with the object. Setting the blanket she brought, down to the ground. To have a stable place to rest upon. Letting out a deep sigh as she reads the craved letters for what must have been the millionth time.

𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐋𝐈𝐄𝐒 𝐋𝐀𝐃𝐘 𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐆𝐎𝐓 𝐋𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐎𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐒𝐓.
𝐓𝐎 𝐌𝐘 𝐇𝐔𝐒𝐁𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐂𝐇𝐈𝐋𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐍, 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐈𝐍𝐃 𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐋 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐘 𝐌𝐘 𝐒𝐏𝐈𝐑𝐈𝐓, 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐈 𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐋 𝐍𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐕𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔. 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐇𝐀𝐕𝐄 𝐆𝐈𝐕𝐄𝐍 𝐌𝐄 𝐀 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐎𝐍 𝐓𝐎 𝐁𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐄𝐕𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐋𝐈𝐅𝐄 𝐈𝐒 𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐍 𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐈𝐀𝐆𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐄𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐎𝐌𝐈𝐂 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐂𝐓𝐒. 𝐘𝐎𝐔'𝐕𝐄 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐃 𝐌𝐘 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐕𝐄.