𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟗: 𝐒𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐊𝐒 𝐅𝐋𝐘

꧁꧂

𝐁𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄 𝐋𝐎𝐑𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐀 𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐈𝐕𝐄𝐃 𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐀𝐓 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐒𝐄, 𝐈𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐋 𝐏𝐀𝐒𝐓 𝐃𝐀𝐑𝐊

𝐁𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄 𝐋𝐎𝐑𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐀 𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐈𝐕𝐄𝐃 𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐀𝐓 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐒𝐄, 𝐈𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐋 𝐏𝐀𝐒𝐓 𝐃𝐀𝐑𝐊. Quickly and quietly sneaking her way back into the Leighton home, careful not the wake up anyone. But what she didn't know was someone was awaiting for her, in her room. When opening her door she expected to be greeted with darkness and a little stretch of moonlight. Instead she had been greeted by a candle lit room, and a tall figure standing by the windows. Clearly waiting patiently.

At the sound of the door opening, the figure turned around swiftly. Showing his face to be the one and only, Colin Bridgerton. Standing with grin wider than the oceans perimeter, and a small tulip in hand. Slowly as expected that same grin spread to Loretta face.

Slightly running to the boy, just for him to catch her in his arms. Twirling her around like she was some sort of princess. It made her heart skip a beat, almost enough to make her forget that question she had in her mind. How did he get in? But not enough since the first words to come out of the girls mouth was, "What- how did you? How did you get in? I mean not that I'm not excited to see you I am, I really am. But- how?" Whispering her words so those around the home couldn't hear her, but loud enough for the Bridgerton boy to understand what she had said. Eagerly the boy stepped in to tell his story, "Mary allowed me way my Starlight, no need to be anxious." Putting the girl's anxiety to rest, like always.

"Ah very well.. have you been at wait for long? I apologize my love, I was visiting Mama.." The girl says walking towards her shelves to put the blanket up she was carrying. But in one swift moment, Colin grabs the girl hand to pull her back towards him. Spinning her until she landed in his arms once more. Holding her with one hand upon the blue eyed girls cheek, and the other on her waist. This one move sent Loretta's body into spiral, her knees almost giving in at the one act. Foolish she thought, foolish that she would have fallen so quickly for such a small move. All the while Colin is looking at her like she is the most precious jewel known to man, starry eyed like an idiot.

"My Starlight.. And refrain from apologizing, need not to when you are visiting your Mother.. I made way with the alone time, although your presence has brightened my mood." The boy says, his smile still as bright as the sun. "Not saying I don't enjoy your surprise visits, because I do. But may I ask why you have snuck into my room, when the two people who denied are legitimately on either side of us?" Loretta says, keeping her voice to a light whisper all while looking into the stunning blue eyes that belonged to Colin Bridgerton.

"I had to see you, I felt as if I haven't seen you in days.. And besides you expressed multiple times how you wished to pursue the Candide, thus I thought we could resolve your need to undertake this book together?.. I brought fruits and cakes as well if that helps persuading your mind?" Colin says, with a sly smile in hopes his girl will approve. "Is this a date Mr Bridgerton?" Loretta has a wide smile as she playfully asks him the question, "Perhaps, if you wish it to be, but I know what I wish it to be, and it certainly isn't just a friendly gesture.." Just when Colin said that, he felt a hot sensation on the back of his neck. He was blushing. He tended to do that a lot when around Loretta. She just had that type of effect of the man. Before Colin could say anything else, Loretta broke from his hold and grabbed his hand. To bring him to the girls bed, where they will lay in each other's arms while Colin reads.

They knew is anyone saw them, they would probably be ruined. But who is gonna see this, when they are in the comfort of Loretta's room. At a quarter till midnight. Colin leaned against the headboard, while Loretta's head laid in his lap. Giving Colin access to play with her long brown hair with one hand, and using the other to hold the book up. The boy couldn't remember the last time he felt more comfortable, it was like their body's were molded for each other. She was his missing piece.

The rest of the their time consisted with Colin reading chapter after chapter of the book they picked, while Loretta's eyes were drawn to his face. His eyes, his nose, his hair.. his lips. Everything about him made her smile. The two were just soaking in the time they had with each other before Colin had to leave. The more and more time they spent with each other, the more it was harder to part ways. They were both longing to make this relationship more than just a secret to hide from society, and even Loretta's family.

As Colin continues to read, he finds himself become more flustered by the minute. He can feel Etta eyes all over his face, and it made it even more tempting to look down and greet her with a smile. Maybe a kiss even, I mean he has thought about it. What it would be like to kiss the girl of his dreams for the first time. He wanted to be special, in a romantic moment. Perhaps this moment? I mean what's more romantic than a candle lit, while reading a book to his girl.

When it the clock struck an hour past midnight, the Bridgerton boy knew it was time to part with his lady. It was getting late, and he didn't want to keep her up to much later. So they went towards the window where he would be able to crawl out of. Saying their goodbyes, hugging for what felt like long needed hours. Until they both pulled away. And that's when Colin knew he had to kiss her, especially when she looked divine and they were parting sways. So he gently pulled the girl closer to him, until their lips met. When they finally connected it brought fireworks. To both Colin and Loretta.

For the Bridgerton, it felt like all the pieces of the puzzle's were connecting. That he was finally whole. And for Loretta? Oh it felt like her world was spinning. When Colin pulled her into a kiss, it wasn't harsh or forced. It was gentle and kind. Full of years of built up memories, love, and adoration. When they pulled apart from each other, both party's cheeks were red with blush. That's when Colin finally words of the night came out, "Goodnight.. My starlight.." Whispering as he kisses her cheek once more and climbing out the window. Leaving the Leighton girl with a bright smile and rosy cheeks.

𝐒𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐒𝐄𝐄𝐍 𝐎𝐑 𝐅𝐄𝐋𝐓 𝐒𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐊𝐒 𝐅𝐋𝐘𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐀𝐍𝐘𝐎𝐍𝐄, 𝐁𝐔𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐈𝐒 𝐀 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐒𝐓 𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆.

CHAPTER 19?!?

Here's a cutie little photo of how I think Colin looks at Loretta😋🤭

HOLY CRAP. 9.55k READER?? OR VIEWS? You are actually amazing. Thank you so so much from the bottom of my heart. <3

Hey guys😋 okay so that kiss wasn't really great descriptive wise, but please remember this is my first fan fic😭😭 I'm still learning the ropes! But anyways! I hope you enjoyed reading this chapter as much as I enjoyed writing it!!

And as always if you have any comments, questions, or suggestions feel free to share them with me!! I'm always open to them, but please remember to be respectful!!<33

THIS STORY ISNT EDITED YET SO IF THEIR IS GRAMMER MISTAKES MY BAD!!!

I love ya!

-Harley