𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟕: 𝐒𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐓 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒

SHORT CHAPTER!

꧁꧂

                                  𝐂𝐎𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐕

                                  𝐂𝐎𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐕

𝐎𝐇 𝐆𝐎𝐃. 𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐃𝐈𝐃 𝐈 𝐃𝐎? 𝐖𝐇𝐘 𝐃𝐎 𝐈 𝐇𝐀𝐕𝐄 𝐓𝐎 𝐁𝐄 𝐒𝐎 𝐏𝐈𝐆 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐃. We almost kissed. I almost kiss Loretta, My starlight. And then she left.

It was wrong, it was so wrong. But why did I want it to happen, so bad. I mean this is Loretta Leighton I'm talking about. Eloise's best friend, the girl who used to run around in my family's garden barefoot.

And yet? She won't leave my mind. She is indulging herself in my every thought. I want her. I need her.

She understands me, in a way nobody has. Not my mother, nor my siblings. She understands me on a level that I don't think I understand myself on. She sees me for me. Not just another Bridgerton, not just another person who has a dowery, she sees me. Colin. Colin Bridgerton.

And I sees her for her. I sees Loretta Leighton, I sees the girl who bits her lip when she is excited. I sees the girl that covers her face when she laughs. I see the girl whose eyes sparkle when she sees something that fascinates her.

Loretta Leighton is my starlight, the dazzling star who lights up my dreams. She was the one I need. And I'm determined to make it happen in the end, one way or another.  Everyday, I wake up and I always think of her. The way her hair looks when it's in a low bun, and she has a few strands out infront of her face. The way every dress she owns completely compliments her appearance. And the way she is so stubborn about the things she is infatuated with.

And the way she looked last night, when we watched the storm together. Oh well I was already doomed when she walked out her home. She looked like she was floating on feathers, like she doesn't have a care in the world. And that's what always drew me in. When we were so closed, I felt like my world was gonna explode. I had dreamed of the moment when I would finally get to kiss her, and it almost happened. Until the thunder scared us and we pulled away. Then she ran away, understandably. It was a... compromising situation.

But that just made something more clear to me. My starlight had some sort of feelings for me, like I did her. So it wasn't hopeless to say that we "could" end up together..

𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐈 𝐒𝐖𝐄𝐀𝐑 𝐎𝐍 𝐌𝐘 𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐓 𝐁𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐇, 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐈 𝐖𝐎𝐈𝐋𝐃 𝐌𝐀𝐊𝐄 𝐈𝐓 𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐏𝐄𝐍.

𝐄𝐍𝐃 𝐎𝐅 𝐂𝐎𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐕

This is my shortest chapter yet... but I just had to make a fuller chapter, and let everyone know how Colin is feeling at the moment...

I hope you enjoyed this chapter as much as I enjoyed writing it, and as always! If you have any suggestions or comments, feel free to share! But remember to be respectful!🫶🏽 I love ya!

-Harley