𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟐: 𝐁𝐔𝐓 𝐃𝐀𝐃𝐃𝐘 𝐈 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐇𝐈𝐌

꧁꧂

𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐂𝐎𝐋𝐈𝐍 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐋𝐎𝐑𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐀 𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐈𝐒𝐇𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐈𝐑 𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐓𝐙, 𝐈𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘 𝐎𝐁𝐕𝐈𝐎𝐔𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐋𝐎𝐑𝐃 𝐋𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐎𝐍 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐏𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐄𝐃

𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐂𝐎𝐋𝐈𝐍 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐋𝐎𝐑𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐀 𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐈𝐒𝐇𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐈𝐑 𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐓𝐙, 𝐈𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘 𝐎𝐁𝐕𝐈𝐎𝐔𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐋𝐎𝐑𝐃 𝐋𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐎𝐍 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐏𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐄𝐃. Holding onto Colin's arm as they made their way over to the girls father, to show that they were very serious about their situation. Although Loretta seemed confident walking over to her father, she was racked with nerves. And Colin could tell, so in hope to calm the girl down he grasped her hand and gently rubbed it with his thumb.

With one last breath of clean air, the couple walks into the storm that seems to be raining down on Henry Leighton. Luckily for the two James Andrew didn't seem to notice to twos defiance. And to be completely honest Loretta didn't think her brother would, he just wanted her to be happy even if they weren't as close as they used to be.

"Why would you leave Lord Jones like that Loretta, that was rather rude. I never raised my daughter to have such manners." Henry starts, having a disapproving attitude as he spoke, "Papa I-" Before Loretta could get a word out Colin spoke up on her defense. "Sir if I may interrupt, she didn't dismiss the Lord, I pushed him away. I ask for a dance with Loretta. And she politely agreed, so if you are putting blame on anyone. Put it on me sir, not Etta." After Colin's speech Henry went silent. Taking in what the boy had said to him.

Not many men talked back at him, they all usually found him intimidating or threatening even. The father found it admirable, standing up for his daughter against him.

It momentarily if silence Henry Leighton began to rethink every thought he had about the Bridgerton boy. Although Henry had known Colin when he was a boy, a teenager, and now a man. He didn't know what to think, although the family were friends. Very close friends actually. But when he had heard about the Bridgerton boys getting around, and to be completely honest he didn't care about that.

He could care less how the older boys got around. But when he found out one of them wanted his daughter as their own, he just wanted to keep Loretta safe. Not to get hurt by the actions of a man she had 𝐊𝐍𝐎𝐖𝐍 all her life because he was feeling "needy". What the father didn't know was that Colin was in fact not in that category, he had heard such things about the two eldest. Anthony and Benedict Bridgerton.

Now seeing the boy in a different light, not a person. Because Henry in-fact really likes Colin, he thought he was a joy to be around. He was just seeing him in a different light as a suitor, a potential husband.