𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟔: 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐀𝐊𝐄𝐒

꧁꧂

"𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐀! 𝐂𝐀𝐍 𝐖𝐄 𝐆𝐎 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐀 𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐊, 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐇𝐀𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐁𝐄𝐄𝐍 𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐈𝐍 𝐃𝐀𝐘𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐈 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐊 𝐖𝐄 𝐁𝐎𝐓𝐇 𝐍𝐄𝐄𝐃 𝐀 𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐊?" Mary says, with a gentle but stern tone

"𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐀! 𝐂𝐀𝐍 𝐖𝐄 𝐆𝐎 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐀 𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐊, 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐇𝐀𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐁𝐄𝐄𝐍 𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐈𝐍 𝐃𝐀𝐘𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐈 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐊 𝐖𝐄 𝐁𝐎𝐓𝐇 𝐍𝐄𝐄𝐃 𝐀 𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐊?" Mary says, with a gentle but stern tone. Not asking to go, but telling her sister they need to go for a walk. "Alright.. Let make haste shall we?" Loretta says, standing up. Flattening her dark green dress.

For the last few days it's just been Loretta and Mary. Mary seemed to have firm understanding of how her older sister is feeling. So being the good sister she is, she has been trying to keep her mind off of Colin. And she's been very successful in her work, keeping Loretta busy with books or walks in the gardens. The older girl is grateful for her sister's attempts to make her feel better, but it didn't stop the aching pain when she was alone.

However Loretta wanted to make Mary believe her actions and desperate attempts were working, she also just liked spending time with her younger sister. She didn't get to do that a lot, so although what's happening really sucks at least she gets to hang around her little sister. Mary had gotten a lot more confidence from the last time they actually hanged out, she is moving forward in studies. Her French's are going good, not as well as Loretta did but well enough. She was a smart girl, and Etta was proud of her. Super proud.

It had been about a week since Loretta rushed out of the Cowper ball, a week since she has seen the perfect face of Colin Bridgerton. This had been the longest she has gone without seeing his face in probably 5 years. She always saw him, whether is was walking through town or finding him in her family gardens. He was always around, one way or another. Although she missed his face, and his smile. She dreaded seeing him, that's why she didn't like going on walk in the town.

Despite her fears Loretta pulled herself together and walked out of her home for the first time in 2 days. With her little sister by her side for support, Etta realized how childish it seemed to have her little sister as her support system. But she was the only one who knew what was going on, she was glad it was Mary.

"Where to today Mary? Perhaps the water fountain, or maybe down to 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐀𝐊𝐄𝐒?" The older girl says, locking arms with her little sister. "Perhaps the lake𝐬 Etta? I want to go see all the ducks! Can we?" The little girl says with excitement underneath her tone. "Of course Mary, anything you want.." The older girl says smiling. The Leighton girls walk the rest of the way in a comfortable conversation. Talking about anything and everything. When they arrived at the lake, it wasn't to crowded. A few other family's on walks as-well but the pair didn't mind them.

Loretta decided to just sit on a bench, watching her sister enjoy the day with the ducks around. She liked to feed them sometimes, so Loretta just decided to stay back and watch. She found it amusing how passionate her little sister was about animals. She was just fascinated with them, if you brought them up in conversation with her. You wouldn't be able to shut her up, she was just an animal lover. That's what made Mary, Mary. Etta was sure she was gonna be there all day, between her sister dabbling with the ducks and the nice weather. She didn't mind staying all day, at least she had her book.

                                      ꧁꧂

It had been about over 2 hours, Loretta was 2/4 the way through her book. Mary was running around with another girl, having fun and being a kid. It was nice to see since she doesn't get out much. The tall brunette girl was enjoying her time, she finally felt at peace. Her mind felt clear for the first time in a week. Little did she know that certain Bridgerton was standing and watching for afar, unsure if he would go up to her. He wanted to, but he knew the girl was upset at him. She had every right to, he would mad if he was her.

Sooner than later Colin decided that he was going to go up to her. He needed to talk to her, not only to discuss everything that has happened. But he need her, he needed her smile, her voice, and anything and everything about her. He didn't want her, he needed her. She was his lifeline. No matter how many ladies try to catch his eye, none had the spark that Loretta has. The spark that ignites a passionate fire inside of him, only she could do. She was his starlight, she was the flower in a whole field of weeds. Slowly and steadily Colin made his way towards Loretta.

Making sure to be careful so he doesn't scary her away. It took a little while, but calmly and carefully Colin uses his voice, "Etta?" Just as Colin says that, the beautiful soul that belonged to Loretta Leighton turned around.

𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝟏𝟎𝐗 𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐘 𝐏𝐎𝐒𝐒𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐀𝐊𝐄𝐒 𝐀𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐌.

Chapter 16!!!

Yaya! Loretta and Marys bond is possibly my favorite new thing🥰

I hope you enjoyed this chapter as much I enjoyed writing it!! Let me know if you have any suggestions for the next one!!

And as always if you have any comments, questions, or suggestions feel free to give them. But please be respectful!!<3

I love ya!!

-Harley