𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟒: 𝐇𝐎𝐖 𝐃𝐈𝐃 𝐈𝐓 𝐄𝐍𝐃?

꧁꧂

𝐈𝐓 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐁𝐄𝐄𝐍 𝟒 𝐃𝐀𝐘𝐒 𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐄 𝐋𝐎𝐑𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐀 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐃 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐌 𝐂𝐎𝐋𝐈𝐍

𝐈𝐓 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐁𝐄𝐄𝐍 𝟒 𝐃𝐀𝐘𝐒 𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐄 𝐋𝐎𝐑𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐀 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐃 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐌 𝐂𝐎𝐋𝐈𝐍. She had no idea if he ever talked to her father and brother, it didn't seem like it to her. They were acting completely normal, how they always to. Polite interaction in the morning, family time in the gardens, alone time, dinner and repeat. But something was off.
Colin hadn't come to see her once, she hasn't seen the boy since he told her that he was gonna ask her father the day after they talked about it. Which would have been 3 days ago for her, which confused her all the more. Did it happen and nobody told her? Did they say no? Did he chicken out?

Tonight was once again another ball a family is throwing. If you asked the girl if she knew what family, she wouldn't be able to tell you. But on the other hand, she was hoping to see the boy her heart longed for. The boy who made her heart skip a beat when he looked at her. So in a hurry, she got in her dress that was a dark blue. Her hair in that low bun she loves, the dark blue dress really made her eyes look electric.

Once the girl was done with the process of getting ready, she stopped by her little sisters room. She missed spending time with the girl, she had been so busy lately she completely lost valuable time with the young girl. So she spent the remainder of the time before the ball, chatting with Mary about the most recent gossip.

It felt like how everything was before Loretta became a debutant, and before she was a social butterfly in the midst of the season. She missed this, and most of all she missed her little sister.

𝟏 𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐑...

Loretta, James Andrew, and their father all arrive at the Cowper ball, greeted by the Lady of the house. And by a certain snob Cressida, it was known that the two girl despised each other. They both just had two different way of looking at life, and Loretta HATED the way Cressida ideologies blinded her heart.

The Leighton's make their way into the ballroom, greeted by many family's. Such as the Featheringtons, the Keightons, and more. But the one family the brunette girl expected to greet them, didn't? The Bridgerton's just stood aimlessly around in the middle of the room, acting like they haven't got a clue the Leighton family had arrived. It was very odd to the girl, I mean for all her life their two family's have always been the closest.  So it was strange when this sudden tension appeared. However when Loretta looked upon her family's faces? They didn't seem to be indifferent to this.

However the thing that struck the girl the most was the fact Eloise and Colin seem to be ignoring the girl. Maybe she was overthinking it, but they would've come up to her already.. wouldn't they? Surely they would've since the Leighton name was announced when her family arrived. So why would they not look in her direction? And even worse? The two siblings were engaging in conversation with Cressida Cowper and her squad of minions.