𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟑: 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝐈𝐍 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄

𝐀𝐍𝐍𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐂𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐁𝐄𝐋𝐎𝐖!

(THIS STORY WILL NOT BE FOCUSING ON DAPHNES STORYLINE IN BRIDGERTON, WE WILL RARLEY SEE HER AND SIMON AND THE CONFLICTS THEY GO THROUGH IN SEASON 1. MY MAIN FOCUS IS ON LORETTA AND COLIN, AND A NEW SURPRISE COUPLE THAT WILL BE HAVING A SLOWER BURN LATE INTO SEASON 1, INTO SEASON 2—> ELOISE BRIDGERTON AND JAMES ANDREW LEIGHTON! AGAIN THIS STORY WILL NOT BE GOING BY THE EXACT STORYLINE OF BRIDGERTON.)
DAPHNE WILL BE DIAMOND OF THE SEASON, THAT IS SOMETHING I WILL NOT CHANGE.

Like I said above, these chapters will not be the same as the episodes. So if your looking for a story that goes exactly to the storyline, you're in the wrong place but welcomed to stay<33
For example, sometimes I will just change the places of where they might be. Anyways that's all, I hope you enjoy this chapter as much as I enjoyed writing it<3

꧁꧂

𝐓𝐎𝐃𝐀𝐘 𝐈𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐀𝐘, 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐀𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐈𝐀𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐃 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐎𝐍 𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐋 𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐘 𝐁𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐍𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐂𝐄𝐃

𝐓𝐎𝐃𝐀𝐘 𝐈𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐀𝐘, 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐀𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐈𝐀𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐃 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐎𝐍 𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐋 𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐘 𝐁𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐍𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐂𝐄𝐃. It has been two days since all the lady's gathered up in the castle and presented themselves to not only the Queen, but to society. But tonight, The Queen herself will tell the worl𝐝 who shall be crowned Diamond at the Cowper ball.

Loretta Leighton just so happens to be sitting by her window, waiting to get ready for the most important ball of the season so far. When she sees a certain Bridgerton boy below in her family Garden, smiling up at her and waving his arm to motion her to come out. With a goofy smile and delighted expression, Loretta makes her way downstairs. Making sure her steps are quiet so she doesn't disturb the rest of her family. Making her way out to the garden, she can see Colin waiting patiently for the blue eyed girl. Back faced towards her, she walks the distances to Colin.

"Colin? Is everything alright?" The girl says, slightly concerned by his sudden appearance at the Leighton family home. "Yes, why wouldn't it be?" The Bridgerton boy says confused by the question.

"Well you have never shown up unexpectedly like this before, so I presume you have a problem? What has brought you all the way to me?" Loretta says, a little more confused than before. The Bridgerton boy slight smiles and looks down before looking back up.

"Yes i suppose it was a very spontaneous of me to show up without sending word, but I just wanted to see you.." He says, getting quieter at the end of his statement. The Leighton girl face softens and smiles softly, the type of smile that could make any sensible man fall to his knees and beg for her attention. Which just so happens to be happening to Colin at the very moment.

"Well.. Is there any particular reason why you wanted to be in my presence? Or is it just for comfort?" She says, still with the stars-trucking smile. Leaving Colin stuck in a trance before responding with, "For comfort.. I suppose since we've 𝐊𝐍𝐎𝐖𝐍 each other for so long... You just have a merged your starlight soul into mine.."

Immediately Loretta flushed at the thoughtful comment. It wasn't that Loretta isn't used to the countless compliments from gentlemen and the mindless flirting. She was, she had grown quite the expert on talking to men. But when the compliment came from the Bridgerton boy infront of her? She couldn't help but get flustered. She knows she shouldn't, and it was wrong. After all he is her best friend's older brother, he is the boy who found her after she scraped her knee when they were 7, and 8. He was the boy who no matter what circumstances, could make her smile. So when he comes around, and flirts with her. She can't help but wonder if they mean more than just playful banter.

"Well you definitely have a way with words toward ladies, don't you Mr Bridgerton?" Loretta says while smiling at the boy. Colin smiles and shakes his head before saying, "Ha.. No-..no. Just to you.." Loretta's head shoots up at his pretty eyes, "What?" Her face blank but filled with softness and warmth.

"Just to you.. I only speak of my affection to you. And only you my starlight"

Loretta has known for years that she has some sort of feelings for Colin. Whether it was just true friendship or something more. But when he said that, Loretta felt her heart flutter. She felt the same flutter that Colin has been feeling for years unconsciously. Etta for years tried to mask her feelings for the Bridgerton boy as just a real friendship, like her friendship with Eloise. But when he said that, something just light up inside of her. A feeling she had felt only for her own family.. A feeling that felt so right.

𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄.

𝐋𝐎𝐑𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐀 𝐋𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐎𝐍 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐈𝐍 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄, 𝐈𝐍 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐃, 𝐏𝐎𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐁𝐋𝐄 𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐂𝐋𝐎𝐒𝐄𝐒𝐓 𝐅𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐒.

𝐒𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐈𝐍 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐀 𝐁𝐎𝐘 𝐒𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃 𝐍𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐇𝐀𝐕𝐄.

𝐒𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐈𝐍 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐂𝐎𝐋𝐈𝐍 𝐁𝐑𝐈𝐃𝐆𝐄𝐑𝐓𝐎𝐍.

Boom. Chapter three done! It was a shorter chapter but that's okay! The reveal of the diamond is next chapter, and we finally see Loretta's true feelings towards Colin:))

Can anyone see what I am doing with the chapter titles.. 🤭

Anyways! I hope everyone enjoys, and as always. If you have any suggestions please feel free to comment but remember to be respectful!