Chapter 33: Ice Cream

Chapter from your favourite person in the entire world guys.

Can you guess who?
______________________________________
Fundy POV.

I closed the lid of the box, taping it shut before scribbling on the side in a sharpie ‘bedroom supplies’. It contained some of my belongings from the house, bedside lamps, books, alarm clock, and other things. Monica entered the room behind me, and as I glanced over at her she cocked her head to the side.

“Are you okay?” She asked, and I gave her a questioning look. I was uncertain as to what it was that she was concerned about. Then she continued. “You seem to be lost in thought.”
“I am.” I confirmed. “I just feel bad.” My gaze drifted over to George’s side of the bed. It was messy, unmade as it had been the last time he had slept in it.

Last night Monica stayed over, yet neither of us slept in the bed. Instead we both curled up on the couch downstairs, it felt like less of a betrayal. There was nothing wrong with me having a relationship outside of work, everybody does it, even the most experienced actors. But without George knowing it did feel worse.

“I know this isn’t how you wanted to go out. I am sorry that he ended up finding out about us.” She lifted the box that I taped and I allowed her to go. There were more empty boxes for me to pack yet I wasn’t in the mood, just collapsing down on my side of the bed.

I wasn’t motivated to do more packing. Even without any real romantic feeling for George, this home was built with bricks of our memories. George and I had lived here for years. We’d slept, ate, made out, showered, danced, read, watched movies, and more throughout the two story building.

My hand drifted to my phone, pulling it out of my pocket. Out of curiosity and concern I decided to watch what was happening to George. After all, he was my ex boyfriend and I broke his heart when he discovered what it was that I had done. I wanted to make sure he was okay with Karl, since that was who was going to find him.

I went onto Youtube, knowing that the show was always one of the top streams. Sure enough a livestream was at the top with over one hundred thousand viewers. The number was nothing special though, as there was often a large number of people watching the show.

Without hesitation I clicked on it and the video expanded, however much to my shock George was cuddling up with Clay Smith. My eyes narrowed, had he already moved on from me? It was a strange thing to be annoyed about but after being his boyfriend since high school I think I had a right to be slightly upset about the fact.

There wasn't much happening with them as the camera jumped back and forth. All that happened was them occasionally moving to get more comfortable. In the background Niki and Karl could be seen at the kitchen counter, an inaudible conversation transpiring between the pair of them.

It seemed like there was more action happening in the chat that was rushing past with enough speed to heat the screen. The comments ranged from talking about how cute the pair were, to how quickly George had moved on from me. Between every few comments my gaze flicked back to the video feed.

Occasionally there was a comment asking about Clay’s grandmother… it confused me, but then again I wasn't listening to the footage and I had just tuned in, so maybe I had missed out on a comment from a few minutes earlier. Slowly I turned up the volume, listening to what there was to hear.

George adjusted his head so that he was looking towards the blond actor. "Have you seen this movie before?" He questioned, studying him.
"I have." Clay nodded. "It's one of my go to films on Disney+. My little sister loves it as well, so we watch it all the time."

The brunette moved away. "What's Disney+?" His brows furrowed and I scoffed to myself. It was a rookie mistake to expose something like that to George. His show streamed on there, alongside event summaries for certain years in his life and 'story arcs'. "Is it from that… company?"

Clay's face had paled and Niki and Karl both looked over from their conversation. "Oh… it's not that… it's a DVD brand, they discontinued it." He answered quickly and I let out a sigh of relief. Although I found myself quickly disliking the guy he was good at covering it, well him or another employee.

"Oh… that makes sense." George muttered, and the camera cut to Karl and Niki who went back to their conversation. After a few long seconds of the two on the couch going back to the movie Karl spoke up, stepping forward.

"I heard about this new ice cream brand in town." He said, and Clay paused the movie to look over at him. "It's called Snowchester Cream, and everything is half price today. I could get some and come back here with Sapnap."
"It's made of high quality ingredients and delicious." Niki added on.

Seriously? I was one day off having the chance of talking about a new sponsor? And it's ice cream? Sometimes I feel as though the decisions on the show are made just to piss me off after I do something that Jimmy doesn't like. I sighed but continued to watch the scene unfold.

"What kind of flavours do they have?" Clay asked, and I was unsure whether it was a genuine question or if it was a prompt from someone for the sponsorship.
"They already have seventeen unique flavours." Karl stated. "Plus many dairy free, vegetarian, and vegan flavours that are all delicious."

"So should we get some?" He went on to question as the camera zoomed in on George processing it. This is when I really wished I hadn’t been caught.
"Do they have Cookies and Cream?" He asked, and the camera cut back to Karl who simply nodded. "Would you be able to get me that?"

“Absolutely.” He smiled. “They do up to four litre tubs, I’ll get five different flavours.”
“Five?” George grinned. “Karl, you are the best friend I could ever ask for…” But then he added “…and Sap and Niki and Clay too. All of you have been so kind to me.”
“Of course George.” Clay cuddled closer to him.

I sighed, giving up on watching and turning off the phone.
______________________________________
1142 words

Hooray, It's Fundy. Who doesn't lave a Fundy chapter to brighten their morning/afternoon/evening.

We also see what he thinks about what is going on in George's life.