Chapter 16: Hospital

I want you all to guess which company is sponsoring this chapter.
______________________________________
George POV.

I gasped as my eyes widened, sitting up in a hospital and looking around. I could barely remember anything, I was unsure of what was going on and what I was doing here. “George…  George…” A voice soothed, calming me down. I glanced over to see my boyfriend, looking at me lovingly, standing alongside Karl and Sapnap.

“Are you okay?” Karl asked. “What do you remember happening?” He sat himself down on the bed. It felt like the three of them were all engulfing me, getting closer and closer every moment. I felt comforted though, not knowing what was going on but trusting the pair of them.
“I don’t remember anything.” I muttered.

My brows furrowed. “Only that I was making food for Fundy, then I don’t remember anything after that.” I attempted to sit up again but was stopped by Karl putting a hand on my shoulder. “Did you turn off the oven?” I asked, looking at my boyfriend. “The house could have burnt down by… now… how long have I been unconcious?”

“Just over six hours.” The redhead told me. “It’s dinner time now.” His hand moved to brush over my face before leaning in to kiss my forehead.
Sapnap smiled as Fundy held me. “If the nurse allows us to take you home then we could all go out for dinner, or get something from the drive through.”

“That could be nice.” I smiled. “Spending time with my three favourite people.” Karl and Sapnap both ‘awwed’ at what I said. Their reactions made me let out a strange sounding chuckle as I glanced down. I took note of the hospital gown I was in before my gaze darted up at the door.

A woman had just walked in, she was wearing a white coat and so I assumed that she must be a doctor. “Oh Mr George, it’s great to see you are awake.” she smiled when she saw me. “Your friends and your boyfriend were all very worried about you.” I glanced over towards them as she said that and they all smiled at me.

“From your charts it states that you took quite a fall.” The Doctor continued. “I won’t be surprised if you end up having a concussion.” I listened to her but it didn’t make any sense, I was feeling fine, no migraine or anything.

Fundy noticed the way my face scrunched up. “George, honey, you look confused? Are you alright?” I looked over at him, brows still furrowed.
“I think so. I don’t have a concussion, I’m sure.” His brows furrowed, seeming unconvinced for some reason, but he didn’t say anything.

“Well we can never be too sure.” The doctor murmured with a shake of the head. She glanced down to write something before managing a soft smile. “You are able to go home tonight though, I trust that your boyfriend will take good care of you. A young, handsome, loyal man like him.” Fundy awkwardly nodded at the comments.

I was confused with how much emphasis she had put on the word ‘loyal’, but perhaps it was my imagination and was a result of some kind of concussion. Karl spoke up. “Well could we speed this up?” He questioned. “We want to take George and get some dinner… but nothing unhealthy so that he ends up back here.”

For a moment she considered while looking at me, almost as if she was waiting for a sign, perhaps me coughing or fainting again. Then she nodded. “He should be able to go home. Just make sure you are all careful with him.”
“We will be.” Sapnap reassured, a hand moving to rest on my shoulder.

“Alright then.” She seemed reassured. “Fundy, will you be able to come out with me to sign some forms concerning your boyfriend's help?”
“Of course.” Fundy’s hand moved away from mine, with him walking out of the room while Karl and Sapnap helped me up.

They gave me a pile of clothes which Fundy had apparently brought from home, and they gave me some privacy to change. I sighed as I saw what it was I had been handed. The pants were fine, but there was a shirt that Fundy had brought me which I had never worn. It was a bright blue and had a photo of me and Fundy, saying ‘Best Boyfriends Ever’.

Part of me considered turning the shirt inside out so nobody could see what I was wearing, however I felt like Fundy or Karl or Sapnap would be able to tell and would comment on it. So I pulled the shirt on and didn’t try anything to stop it.

When I was done Karl took my hand as though I was concussed, beginning to escort me out of the room. The hospital was full of noise, and I felt like almost everyone there spared glances at me, which I blamed on my shirt. “So what are you wanting for dinner?” Karl questioned, tilting his head towards me as we walked.

I didn’t answer until we were out of the building, with my eyes glancing upwards anxiously as I saw the sky nearly black, with stars blinking millions of kilometres away. I shivered at the cold that enveloped me like a blanket, noticing that both Karl and Sapnap were both in warm hoodies, but I didn’t comment on it.

“Y’know, I personally love McDonalds.” Karl smiled, glancing over at me. “Did you know that all of their ingredients are completely organic? And that the company donates large portions to all sorts of charities. Plus they have some of the best rated meals in the entire world.”
“Really?” I asked. “I’m pretty sure they just made burgers.”

“Actually that’s not true.” This time Sapnap spoke up, seeming to be just as much of a McDonalds enthusiast as his boyfriend. “They do all sorts of stuff in other countries, such as McShawarma, pasta, iced tea, sweet corn, it’s really diverse and inclusive.”
“So should we go there?” I questioned, since that seemed to be what they were wanting.

“Only if you say you want to go there.” Karl grinned at me, bumping my shoulder with a caring look as he did. “Then we can go there.”
“Fine, I want to go to McDonalds for dinner.” I rolled my eyes at my best friend.
“Where do you want to go?” Fundy questioned as he walked towards us.

“McDonalds.” I repeated. I wrapped my arms around my waist, keeping my head down to try and combat the cold. I didn’t resist trying to glance over at Fundy, hoping that maybe he would pass me his own hoodie so that I could be warm. When that offer wasn’t made I began to look around the car park. “Where did you guys park?”

Sapnap seemed annoyed as he spoke. “On the street. It was too busy to get any closer when Karl and I arrived.”
“Great.” I murmured, leaning closer to Karl to try and steal his warmth after not getting anything.
______________________________________
1191 words