Chapter 24: Nikis House

George POV.

“Please Clay, let me take the bags of food.” I offered as I stepped out of the car at Niki’s house. After all, he was doing all this for me, allowing me to spend the night at his place with a movie marathon, plus he purchased a bag of junk food for me.
“I can’t George,” he replied with a grin. “You are a guest, you just head inside.”

I was uncertain but did as he said, standing on the doorstep of the house to watch him grab the two paper bags and shut the door before locking the car. Then he walked over to me, smiling softly with a look which seemed to be full of pure love and care. I opened the door for both of us, thinking about how strange my observation truly was.

“So what movie do you want to watch?” The blond questioned as he led me through to the kitchen. “To start off with at least.” I had actually been thinking about this. There were all sorts of movies that I had been wanting to watch yet I couldn’t since Fundy didn’t often like the movies that I wanted to watch.

“I was thinking about Spiderman.” I told him, watching as he set the two paper bags down on the counter and began emptying the bags. Most of the stuff we could keep on the counter, such as bags of chips and candy and cookies, but things such as drinks and ice cream would not do well sitting in the open for a few hours.

“Sweet.” The blond seemed happy with my suggestion. “Which Spiderman? Tobey Maguire? Andrew Garfield? Tom Holland?” The third name I didn’t recognise, my brows furrowing.
“Who?” I asked. When he seemed confused I elaborated. “Who is Tom Holland?”

Suddenly his eyes widened, and he thought for a second before telling me. “Oh… shit I forgot.” He told me, rolling his eyes as though it was obvious. “Tom Holland isn’t from the movies, he’s from the Comic Books based on the movies.” Clay then sighed. “That was such a dumb mix-up, I’m so sorry George.”

“It’s fine.” I reassured. Truth be told I had never read Marvel Comics, instead just watching the movies that were on HomeStream. I didn’t tell him this, instead acting as though I recognised his mistakes. I settled on the couch before asking the blond. “Do you know if Niki has HomeStream?”

“I believe so.” He nodded. “It’s been a while since I’ve used it though. We haven’t really been watching movies on HomeStream.” I was also confused by that, after all HomeStream was the biggest streaming website in the world. Yet maybe it just wasn’t as popular where he came from.

We settled down on the couch with him handing me the remote so that I would be able to find the movie that I wanted to watch, all the while he put some of the candy and chips into bowls for us. “Maybe later we could order something.” He also suggested. “Like a pizza, or Indian.” I nodded while opening the HomeStream app.

It had a light blue logo with a white line, showing the outline of a house missing a wall. A remote functioned as the door, with a red dot signalling that it was a remote. I opened the app and began looking through the app, seeing all sorts of different movies and shows on offer. I ignored them as I began searching for a Spiderman movie.

Clay set down bowls of food, yet before he could settle on the couch his phone began ringing. “I’m sorry George.” He murmured upon seeing who was calling him. “I have to answer this.” I muttered about how it was alright, watching him as he stepped out of the living room, shutting the door connecting to the hallway behind him.

Clay POV.

I looked over the options that George had chosen before grabbing some bowls. When I had about three or four different options in different sized bowls I took them over to the coffee table. George was looking through the HomeStream app.

I faintly recognised the name as well. It was one of the many apps created for the inside of the show, solely for George and his world. It was like a mix of multiple other streaming services, containing many different shows. In fact now that I think about it I am pretty sure that Jimmy was planning on releasing this app publicly.

While George was still movie hunting I sat myself down, yet the moment I settled down on the couch my phone began to ring. George sent me a glance and much to my shock and worry it was Jimmy who was calling. For a few moments I considered ignoring it, yet I knew that wasn’t the best idea and looked sheepishly at the brunette.

“I have to answer this.” Was all that I could say, my tone sorry and apologetic as I slipped out into the hallway, making sure to close the door behind me. I’m pretty sure I could come up with a few guesses as to what this call might be about, none of which felt good.

After it had run for the fifth time I put the phone to my ear. “Hey Jimmy.” I said, smiling unconfidently as I spoke. “How is everything going?”
“What are you doing?” He asked in response. I was unsure if I could describe his tone as an actual question or a rhetorical one.

“Comforting George.” I explained. “Did you know that his boyfriend had a second relationship?” It was meant to be a rhetorical question, and I lifted my gaze to glare at the camera. For a few seconds there was nothing and I was confident I was about to get fired.

“Karl was supposed to be with George, you got way too much junk food, and you almost exposed us by mentioning Tom Holland.”
“It was an accident.” I reassured him. “How was I supposed to know that Tom Holland doesn’t exist here in George’s world?”

“No, I understand that, and you covered it well.” He admitted, part of me was relieved as I knew that this would hopefully be the end of our conversation. “But allow me to repeat myself. Karl was supposed to be with George. He is not supposed to be at Niki’s, you are lucky we organised everything by the time you got there.”

“I’m sorry, I saw George upset and went to comfort him. Does that make me a criminal?”
“It ruins all of our planning. We have predicted almost everything George is going to do for every situation until next weekend. Your stunt fucked up half our planning.”
“I’m sorry.” I repeated, not really feeling sorry.

“Uh-huh, I bet you are.” There was a moment of silence before the man on the other end of the phone talked again. “George is standing up, he seems to be looking for you. So I’m going to hang up.” I muttered an ‘okay’. “Goodnight Clay.”
“Goodnight Jimmy.” I responded before hanging up the phone.
______________________________________
1207 words

Oh isn't Clay so stupid. Imagine thinking a guy called Tom Holland exists.