Chapter 39: French Toast

What is everyone's opinion on French Toast?
______________________________________
George POV.

The hoodie was soft and it looked surprisingly nice on me. It was a size or two bigger than all of my other outfits, hanging two inches below my waist and arms. I chuckled at how I looked before finishing with towelling off my hair.

"Clay?" I called out when I stepped out of the bathroom. "Are you downstairs?" I asked. He called back to me, coming from the kitchen and so I went down. I was still holding the towel in both hands, rubbing it through my hair.
"Hey." He greeted, standing over the stove. "I was just making breakfast."

"Where did your cousin go?" As I walked I looked around, thinking that perhaps he would be on the couch or something, but the room was empty other than us.
"He left." Clay didn't look at me, he seemed upset about something. With a sad smile I moved to hug him from behind, feeling him relax against my touch.

"What's this for?" He questioned, glancing over his shoulder, however he allowed me to keep holding him. "Do you want something?"
"No, just showing I love you. Plus I feel bad. I didn't get a chance to meet him properly." My head nuzzled against his back and I noticed him tense up.

"You..." He paused for a moment, thinking of what to say to me. "I doubt you would have liked him. Clashing personalities and all of that."
"Oh...okay." I said, giving a small nod. It felt strange, since his cousin appeared to have a kind personality from what I had seen, but I guess he would know as a cousin.

"So what's for breakfast?" I decided to ask. "Or...brunch?" Since it was quite late in the morning for just breakfast. I strained to look at the pan and grinned at what I saw.
"French toast." He told me. "I think we also have some strawberries in the fridge that we could cut up, plus some whipped cream."

"That will be nice. I can cut up the strawberries for you." As I did that though I could sense that he was on edge, despite being fine when I had seen him earlier. I wanted to ask him about it, but seeing the firmness in his gaze as he stared downwards stopped me.

After grabbing the strawberries from the fridge I began to wash them under cold water in the sink. He continued just staring downwards. "So... um... what are you wanting to do today?" I questioned, deciding to try and distract him from whatever put him in a sour mood.
"Oh... well wash our sheets, then vacuum and do the dishes." He shrugged.

"That's kind of boring." I muttered, with him glancing over to me at that. "I'm just thinking, is there anything you want to do that isn't housework and chores?"
He looked away from the fry pan for the first time in a few minutes to instead look at me. "Well what would you want to do?

I shrugged. "All that I really need to do is get some more clothes." I explained. "Yours are nice..." I quickly defended, "...but I'd like some stuff of my own."
"That's fine I guess." He shrugged, beginning to plate the french toast onto two plates. "We could go into town after we have eaten breakfast, if you want."

"But I don't know how much money I have." I confessed to the blond.
"Well you are welcome to keep wearing my clothes for as long as you need, or I could lend you the money." I gave him a look which told him that I didn't like the idea and then he continued. "Or I could go to Fundy's and get your stuff."

"You'd do that?" I asked, and he nodded. Hiring that I was honestly considering crying. It was so sweet, the offer was so kind. He was so considerate of the fact that I may not want to be around Fundy after what had happened. He watched me as I nodded. "That would be nice." I told him, smiling as I wrapped my arms around his neck.

For a few moments we kissed, and if the smell of food wasn't distracting us we would have probably gone onto a full on make-out session in Niki's kitchen. We pulled away and he turned, picking up a plate. "Here," he smiled. "Just add some strawberries, whipped cream, maple syrup, or whatever you want."

Before I took the plate again I kissed him, muttering a 'thank you' as my lips brushed against his. Then I took the plate and walked over to the table. He joined me and although neither of us spoke we both ended up making eye contact before glancing away with a brief blush.

He was the first one to finish, and when I had also cleared my plate he decided to clean it up. I watched him as he did this before he disappeared upstairs. LIkely the blond was going to have a shower before we went anywhere. I was fine waiting patiently for him.

Fundy POV.

I stacked up another box in the corner of the living room as it grew closer and closer to the day when I would officially leave the show. It would be strange to transition to a life that was uncontrollable, unscripted, but being with a woman I loved made the jump easier.

The only stuff in the house that I hadn't touched belonged to George, or I had paid for with the help of George. It just felt like more of a betrayal to take all of those things, digging the knife deeper into him than I already had. I couldn't bring myself to do it. At the moment I was just sitting on the couch staring at the turned off television.

"What are you wanting for lunch?" Monica called from the kitchen as she looked through the pantry. I didn't respond, my gaze lowering from the screen to the boxes which were just waiting for the moving van to arrive. "Fundy?" She asked again when I didn't initially respond.

I wasn't paying attention, instead just thinking. It wasn't about the packing of the boxes but instead about the outside. I knew how cruel the world is outside of here. Even though I had only left for a few weeks at a time since I was five. Even then, growing up being famous allowed me to see the harshness of the world through cracked rose-coloured glasses.

They would kill me for what I had done to George. Not understanding or caring about the fact that I was a person who was entitled to have my own life and relationship when I wasn't on the show. Thankfully Monica wouldn't deal with the same thing.

"Seriously Fundy, if you don't give me an answer then I'll just have to make-" She cut herself off when there was a knock on the door. I didn't find myself looking at all but she glanced at me before answering. All I did was listen as she opened the door and began talking to whoever was there.
______________________________________
1209 words

Opinions on Fundy?