Uniforms

LEVI'S POV

The trip to Paradis was long and tedious. There was something about ships that made Levi feel uneasy, something about the rocking sensation of his feet for hours and the perpetual dizziness. But in truth, it wasn't the journey that worried him, but the destination. Reaching the Jaegerists headquarters could end up badly for everyone. The thought of putting you at risk disturbed him as everyone prepared for arrival.

His old squad had truly put an effort into disguising themselves. Jean had shaved his head, Mikasa had opted for a ginger wig which completely changed her features. Connie on the other hand had been growing a beard for the last three years, so his identity was properly concealed. As for Armin and Reiner, they had both dyed their heads of hair black, leaving them unrecognizable. You, on the other hand, did not have to change your appearance at all.

And as for Levi, his hair had grown a lot throughout the last months. He decided not to cut it on purpose, fearing this exact situation. He had placed it on a small bun, keeping his classic undercut. Even though he didn't particularly liked his longer hair, he noticed you did.

'What town are you all from again?', the official raised an eyebrow. Black-haired Reiner had placed himself in front of everyone, deciding to speak.

'Liberio. We were Eldian refugees', the former blond had a serenity in his voice. Levi had come close to respecting him throughout the last couple of weeks. Even if he recognized some wounds would always be too deep to heal.

'And this group you mentioned?'

'The Warriors, sir. Pretty sure you have heard of them by now'

'Aye. Of course we have. But how can we trust you in here? We have been actively fighting Warriors throughout Paradis, why should we care about what happens in filthy Marley?',  the official scoffed. Levi made an inhumane effort to not roll his eyes.

'Because Eren would have cared', Mikasa's words cut through the air as she stepped forward. Everyone had turned to look at her then, the official parted his lips in curiosity. 'And you know that. We will train to fight, and we will fight with you', she exhaled firmly. The thought of having to pretend to train against Jaegerist cadets had began to materialize in Levi's mind. It was indeed a dreadful thought, but nothing he hadn't done before. In truth, he had trained so many cadets while being fully aware that using his whole strength would've killed them. He could adjust.

The official remained in silent for some seconds, then clicked his tongue. 'I guess you are all eldians anyway', he let out a big sigh. 'Very well then. You will be assigned to our designated training barracks. Follow me'.

It all felt like a big joke. Standing on the men's barracks, Levi observed as the rest of his old squad dressed into their Jaegerist uniforms. It seemed ridiculous. A uniform they had al worn before with pride, which had later been tainted with horrible memories. It was a strange feeling. Seeing his reflection in the mirror almost seemed surreal. Even though, part of him wanted to see you in the uniform.

'I look weird', Reiner sighed as he observed himself. And he did look quite pathetic, Levi thought.

'Alright brats, listen up', everyone turned to face Levi as he spoke. A part of him enjoyed how quickly they obeyed his commands. Part of him felt nostalgic for a moment. 'Don't get too fucking comfortable. We will train, sleep and eat like these idiots until they trust us. And we will send a letter to Historia tomorrow morning. She needs to know we are here'.

'What will Historia do for us? Shit's too complicated for her to take action', Jean protested. And he had a point.

'She will do what she wasn't able to do for years', the men widened their gaze expectantly.

'Rule'.