Care

YOUR POV

You slowly opened your eyes, trying to comprehend where you were lying. You could hear the sound of birds around you, completely in synch. They sounded beautiful to you as they brought deep peace to your insides.

As you gathered yourself up from the bed you were lying in, you slowly detected a silhouette sitting on the edge of the bed. A raven-haired woman looking into your eyes softly - she was holding a cup of tea.

'Mikasa...where...am I?' - you whispered as you grabbed the cup with both of your hands. A worried expression invaded her gaze, as if she didn't really want to share the answer to your question at all.

'Levi said you were sleepwalking last night. He...found you standing across the river, at the spot you usually go to paint. I heard his footsteps outside my tent so I decided to follow him. Once you woke up you dozed off again... he decided to bring you to my tent so I could watch you' - she sighed, her head still looking down as she let the words slowly come out of her mouth. She looked genuinely worried for you, and a sense of guilt quickly invaded your chest.

You had worried both of them tremendously, you thought.

'Where's Levi now?' - you felt your own anxiety come out of your mouth as you breathed those words out.

'He's showering at the men's bathroom. He spent all night by your side, he just didn't want to be by himself in case you started sleepwalking again'

'I'm so sorry, Mikasa. I didn't mean to worry you like this' - you pressed your forehead with one of your hands. She then grabbed your forearm gently, prompting you to look into her eyes.

'Don't be, (Y/n). We are here for you, we care about you. We will figure out what this all means...' - she had a sad look in her eye, one you hadn't detected before this moment.

You wondered what her relationship to Eren was like, before all hell broke loose.

As minutes went by, Mikasa decided to go horse riding with the rest of the former scouts - she had become less worried once she realized you didn't have any intent on going back to sleep, as you felt quite rested already. You then walked to your tent to change from your nightgown into one of your dresses.

As you walked across the camp, you couldn't help but notice people were staring at you, all whilst not even trying to pretend they weren't... You could tell word around camp had reached them, and you felt yourself become more and more embarrassed and self-conscious.

You thought about Jelena.

She had always been phenomenal at hiding your night time activities from the camp, so careful and mindful about how to act whenever you decided to make one of your subconscious escapades. You missed her deeply and wondered why she'd never told you why you had been speaking to Ymir all these time...why you'd been calling for her.

Once you got to your tent, you saw Levi sitting on a chair besides your tent. Once he caught sight of you, he stood up quickly, with a serene look on his face. He was wearing his regular grey t-shirt, long sleeved and open neck, revealing his skin tone and the softness of his purple veins around his neck. His black pants fitted him perfectly as he slowly walked toward you.

'You're up' - he said in his usual monotone voice. He looked tired, you thought, as you detected his black circles under his eyes. A heavy look on his face. You usually never noticed his lack of sleep, but figured that since he had probably spent the last hours in high levels of stress, it would all be noticeable on his expression now.

'Levi...I'm so sorry about last night...I didn't mean to worry you or Mikasa. I can tell people have heard about this already...' - you sighed, looking at the floor. Your hair was still messy from your deep sleep and a sad expression invaded your gaze.

'You don't have to apologize, (Y/n). You can't control this' - he grabbed your wrist gently as he said this to you, prompting you to meet his eye. His lips softly pressed together as he inspected your face, as if trying to find something. The touch of his hand onto your skin still burned like the previous night, and you wondered to yourself - yet again - what was it exactly about Levi Ackerman that had such an effect on your skin and sensations?

As you continued to look into his eye, you pressed your hand softly onto his chest. Then, while he parted his lips, a realization came to you... suddenly and violently. You couldn't keep this idea to yourself, and you knew Levi would hear you out. He always believed in you, for some reason.

'I think I...I should take the necklace off' - you whispered. Levi's gaze widened, a confused look on his face. You then continued: 'I think I should send a message to Ymir that way. If she's trying to tell me something...maybe I should give her an answer. Maybe this is the answer...' - doubt invaded your thoughts, but you knew you couldn't submit to Ymir any longer.

You had been wearing this pendant for a decade, completely oblivious to its effect. But since you met Levi, things had been slowly falling into place. Even if you didn't know exactly why you were wearing this necklace, or what it was that Ymir had been trying to say to you. What that dream meant... Why you were sleepwalking...

You just needed to act, somehow.

You had to.

'What...do you think is going to happen?' - he sighed, genuinely curious to your idea.

'I...am not sure. But I have to respond somehow. It's been so long since I've been wearing it, being a complete...slave to it. I think...about the dream I had, about The Coordinate. Why haven't I've been back ever since? Why didn't Eren bring me there? Was it because I was wearing my necklace? I don't think I was wearing it when I dreamt of The Coordinate years ago' - you heard yourself grow more determined as you gathered your thoughts. Levi's lips parted even wider, his gaze completely focused on your words. He placed his arm onto your forearm, gently pressing your skin.

'Do you think she will...bring you there...if you take it off?' - he whispered.

'We won't know unless I try'.