Break

LEVI'S POV

After Falco left the tent, Levi closed his eyes, feeling a weight settle over him. The encounter with you replayed in his mind, each moment dissected with a clinical detachment that belied the turmoil beneath the surface.

Your gaze lingered on his injured leg, a mixture of curiosity and something softer, something he couldn't quite decipher. It unsettled him, this scrutiny, stirring emotions he'd long buried beneath layers of ice and steel.

As he lay there, lost in thought, Levi couldn't help but feel a flicker of something unfamiliar—a hint of longing, perhaps, or was it merely a trick of the light? He pushed the thought aside, unwilling to acknowledge the unease it stirred within him.

With the dawn of a new day, Levi resolved to maintain his distance from you, a decision born of self-preservation more than anything else. It was easier to bury the memory of your encounter beneath a facade of indifference than to confront the complexities it unearthed.

Sitting in the dining hall with Gabi, Levi found himself lost in thought, his mind drifting back to simpler times. But then, you entered the hall, your presence commanding attention as you moved with confidence and grace.

"(Y/n)!" Gabi exclaimed, breaking the silence that had fallen over the table.

You greeted Gabi with a nod before turning your attention to Levi, your eyes meeting his with a confidence that took him by surprise.

"Hello, Gabi," you said, your voice soft yet steady.

Levi's heart quickened at the sound of your voice, a rush of emotion threatening to overwhelm him. He pushed it down, burying it beneath layers of indifference, but he couldn't shake the feeling that you had unsettled something within him—a feeling he wasn't quite ready to confront.