Forgive

YOUR POV

In the following days, investigations took over the whole camp. A deep feeling of uneasiness invaded every interaction people had. Annie and Reiner were still missing, and nobody could figure out who it was exactly at the camp that belonged to The Warriors.

Who had murdered Jelena.

During this time, Levi and you focused on finding Reiner and Annie's whereabouts intensely, thus barely interacting with each other alone. But then again, whenever you both had the opportunity to actually spend time together, like sleeping together, you found yourself returning back to your tent every night after putting him to bed.

Just like that...it seemed like you both were back at square one. If you were sleeping together while not kissing before, now you weren't even spending the night with each other at all. This bothered you deeply - you missed him, missed the touch of his skin, the calmness being around him gave you. But...something had changed since the night Jelena was killed. Whatever it was that you did, whatever he saw in you, you felt as if he felt differently about you since that moment.

Had you scared him? Humanity's strongest soldier...was scared...of you?

When you tried to recall what had happened exactly that night, were you'd actually ''went'', everything seemed blurry. You couldn't recall going anywhere, all you remember was finding out Jelena had died and experiencing grief like you hadn't in a while.

You couldn't even bring yourself to even think about Jelena...

That afternoon, you found yourself helping folk at the Hospital. You had spoken with Doctor Keith throughout the day - he seemed even more worried and secluded than usual. The whole camp was freaking out and scared. The last thing the camp needed was instability...what had kept you all unified for all those years had been empathy, compassion and understanding.

But now someone had been murdered in the place they called home. And that someone was one of your closest friends.

You felt your eyes water as you got on your usual tasks at the Hospital. That's until Doctor Keith grabbed your arm gently.

'(Y/n)...can we talk?' - he whispered. A strange look in his eye. You nodded and felt yourself walking toward a quieter sport along him.

'I'm...I'm not supposed to tell you but, I know you'd want to know' - he paused, then continued. 'Levi's wooden leg - I've finished it around a week ago. He has been trying it on for the last couple of days'.

You felt your eyes widened. For a second, you'd forgotten the sudden distance between you and Levi, happiness filled your chest.

Levi was starting to walk again.

'How...how is he handling?'

'He's been doing better and better everyday. Soon enough he'll be walking on his own' - the Doctor revealed a gentle smile. 'It's all thanks to you, you know'.

'It's thanks to you...thank you'.

He caressed your shoulder, then continued on with his work.