Ignite

YOUR POV

You looked into Levi's eye, not fully sure if you were ready to share what you had witnessed the previous night with him. You feared he wouldn't believe your words - but... something about the way he looked into your eyes told you otherwise. He would believe you. Because he had believed you... all this time... and that couldn't be forgotten. You wiped your tears slowly as you cleared your throat.

'I was there...it was just like the dream I had when I was younger... Sand all over the place, this light-blue color all around... And that tree, it looked so much bigger than I remembered... Full of lights...' - your eyes ignited a bright color, you could feel the freezing sensation taking over your sight. You slowly closed your eyes, ready to recall every detail of what you had experienced.

'You saw Ymir...' - Levi's gaze fully locked onto yours as he said this, his lips parted in expectancy. He looked confused as he held both of your shoulders with his hands tightly, removing the distance between you two slowly.

'She was...beautiful. She spoke to me...at first, I couldn't understand her. But once I got closer, I could hear the sound of her voice, so clearly... She sounded like an angel' - you sighed, your eyes still softly closed as you recalled every detail of Ymir's hair - how her blond locks decorated her body, how her tiny figure looked so beautiful up close.

Levi placed his hand onto your cheek, prompting you to open your eyes and look into his. He frowned deeply as he looked into your gaze - a sense of sorrow and confusion invaded his expression.

'What did she say?'

'She...explained some things to me...we both sat in the sand as she continued shaping it with her hands...the shape looked like a giant titan...' - you sighed and looked at your hands, then placed your eyes onto Levi's again. 'She...told me how she separated her soul into nine titans, but...once Eren got to the coordinate, she knew he would destroy humanity. Or he'd at least try...'

Levi's gaze frowned even more as he remained silent - you could sense his breathing becoming heavier and heavier as you continued talking.

'She knew the risk existed...that someone could attain the founding titan and use it for evil... That's why she created the pendant...she left a part of her soul in it, just in case humanity would be threatened again...' - you looked into Levi's eyes as you felt them slowly sting. He quickly grabbed the pendant from his pocket and placed it in front of you. You then looked into it with a deep sense of sadness as the crimson rock reflected itself onto your eyes.

'So... you're the last titan?' - he asked, sorrowness completely taking over his expression. He understood what that meant, you thought. And you understood, too...

'Yes... Something is going to happen. And it has everything to do with The Warriors and The Jaegerists. Humanity...it's in danger...again...' - you sighed deeply, this time not being able to control your tears. You broke down completely as you cried - this was the first time in your whole life you felt properly and utterly out of control. The sense of grief took over your whole body as you hid your face with both of your hands - shame completely running through your body. Levi looked at you with a deep frown, his cold demeanor now warming up with a look of understanding and empathy.

'(Y/n)...I'm so...sorry...' - he whispered, but your whimpers were louder than his voice. He suddenly dropped the pendant onto the ground to hold you with both of his arms. His tight embrace felt so comforting...you felt as if you could melt onto his body. Safety - that's exactly what Levi's touch felt like to you.

'It's okay...' - you sighed, but your voice could barely come out of your lips. Levi then pulled away to grab your face with both of his hands, passionately pressing his lips onto yours. You could feel his heavy, warm breathing against your face as you tasted him, quickly grabbing onto his waist. He intertwined his hands with your hair and pulled you even closer to his body. But as always, close wasn't close enough with him... The desperate kiss continued as your tears streamed down your face, now soaking Levi's skin. He then stopped and hugged you tightly again, burying his face in your shoulder blade.

'I can't...lose you. I don't care what your role in all of this is...I just...can't' - he sighed, you could feel him getting more emotional as he spoke onto your skin.

'Levi...it's been set in motion...' - you sighed as you felt your heart ache with so much sadness you could feel your chest explode.

Several hours went by and you and Levi had decided to wait some time before you revealed this information to the rest of the former squad. Gabi and Falco had returned from a trip to find you in bed, completely covered in strange scars.

Levi promised to tell them the truth once things would settle.

That night, you remained in Levi's bed as you stared at the ceiling, completely lost in thought. Levi sat reading some of the books Mikasa had sent him previously, with information about the Jaegerists: their uniforms, their tactics and strategies, the weapons they would usually use and so on... As he did this, he would continue to look at you from time to time, realizing you were finding it impossible to sleep.

'Levi?'

'Mhm?'

'Why...why do you think Ymir has assigned this to me? Why does she... care now? She allowed Eren to almost destroy humanity...' - you sighed deeply, your body facing him completely as you looked into his eye.

He sipped on his tea one last time and then stood up, slowly approaching you until he was sitting down at the bed to face you. He placed his hand onto your waist as he parted his lips.

'I'm not sure...regret? Maybe? I don't think any of us will ever understand...' - he sighed as he said this, his eye completely locked onto yours. You noticed how his black vest hugged his figure, and how his white shirt completely fitted his arms. You knew he still had your pendant in the pocket of his black pants, and you couldn't bring yourself to ask him for it.

Why would you need it now, anyways?

You then sat on the bed slowly - you were wearing a see through nightgown which shaped your figure perfectly. Your hair was still wet from your recent bath - your skin almost silky looking. As you pulled yourself up, you noticed Levi inspecting your body; your chest, your stomach, your hands...

'You look beautiful' - he said with parted lips, his gaze locked onto yours. You slowly placed your hand onto his cheek, gently touching his lower lip with your thumb.

'You are beautiful, Levi' - as you said this, you could feel something in his gaze shift. You couldn't really figure out what it was exactly...but something within him had softened in a way it never had before... You felt as if time had stopped and you wished it had really had. All you needed was to be around Levi, to feel his skin pressed onto yours again...

'(Y/n)...'

'Yes?'

You felt your eyes widen as he got closer to you.