𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟓: 𝐇𝐎𝐖 𝐃𝐈𝐃 𝐈𝐓 𝐄𝐍𝐃? 𝐏𝐓. 𝟐

(SHORTER CHAPTER!)

꧁꧂

 𝐂𝐎𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐒 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐕𝐄

𝐂𝐎𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐒 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐕𝐄

𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘𝐃𝐀𝐘 𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐄 𝐂𝐎𝐋𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐓𝐎𝐋𝐃 𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐓𝐎 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐘 𝐀𝐖𝐀𝐘 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐌 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋 𝐎𝐅 𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐌𝐒, 𝐈𝐓 𝐅𝐄𝐋𝐓 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 𝐀 𝐌𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐎𝐍 𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐄 𝐏𝐀𝐏𝐄𝐑 𝐂𝐔𝐓𝐒 𝐎𝐍 𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓. He longed to be near her side, to breath her air. He knew staying away was gonna be hard, he just didn't expect it to be this hard.

When Colin arrived at home after the severe rejection from the Leighton men, he was moody. Didn't want to talk, eat, and it was hard to sleep. Soon enough Eloise got it out of her older brother, she was devastated by the news. So to support her brother she decided to distance herself from her closest friend as well. It probably didn't make sense, but to Eloise if she was near her friend she was bound to spill why Colin isn't talking to her.

When The Bridgerton family arrived at the Cowper home for their annual season ball, Eloise and Colin found themselves distancing themselves from the Leighton family. For Colin, he was staying away from Loretta. As for Eloise she was staying away from both the siblings. For her sake, and her own brothers.

When Colin laid eyes on the girl who soul was tied to his, he lost his breath. She was wearing the most divine navy blue dress that made her blue eyes pop. Right in that second, he wanted to stride towards her. To express how beautiful she looked. Then he felt the stare of a certain Leighton boy, the stare of the boy made it clear that he HAD to stay away from her.

Throughout the night Colin forced himself to go and dance with different ladies. Trying to prove to James Andrew and Henry Leighton that he didn't want those other girls, he hated every minute of it. All the debutants stepped on his feet, he was sure he had blisters. They also couldn't have a decent conversation, and worst of all, he missed Loretta. No one could match the way his starlight made him feel, she was the like breathing fresh air after all the smoke. To him, they were written in the stars. Meant to be to be together, but some how pushed apart by others.

When Cressida asked Colin to dance with her, he found himself not being able to say no. No matter how much he wished he could just walk away. He disliked Cressida with a passion, he thought she was snob and a spoiled brat. So he was whisked away to the ballroom floor, forced to waltz with the girl. Little did he know a certain Brunette girl was watching for afar, with her heart breaking at every step. When they finished dancing he was gonna walk away like he always did, but the Cowper girl declared that he kissed her hand like a gentleman.

That was Loretta and Colin thing, not Cressida and Colin's thing. It didn't feel right, but he did it just stop the thread of her annoying voice from coming out of the her mouth. He thought she would just waddle off away to another man, but she followed him. Followed him all the way over to where Eloise was standing. Which overall started a very dreadful conversation, while zoning Colin notices a brunette girl. Quickly walking out of the ballroom, clearly upset. He can only imagine it's about him ignoring her all night. Or kissing Cressida hand. Anything could've lit the fire.

When Colin saw the shadow of Loretta rushing away, a part of him knew that this would change something. He knew she thought that he didn't care anymore.

𝐇𝐄 𝐉𝐔𝐒𝐓 𝐏𝐑𝐀𝐘𝐄𝐃, 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐖𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃𝐍𝐓 𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐎𝐖 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐃. 𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐑𝐀𝐘𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐘 𝐖𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃 𝐍𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐍𝐃.

Chapter 15!!!

Short chapter, just a filler! So we all know how Colin is feeling:))

Anyways I hoped you enjoyed reading this chapter as much as I enjoyed writing it!! As always if you have any comment, questions or suggestions let me know and share! Just remember to be respectful!!

I love ya!!

-Harley