Thendral Katre - 4 (English version)

Author's POV

"Oooooyyeeeee Maaaamoooiiiiii.......where are you .... "

Thendral shouted to find her husband who actually inside the farm to cut down the water flow as it seemed it would rain tonight and there was a high possibility of madai(the water canal's edge or side ) getting broken if it rains heavily even though they strengthened the Madai...still wanted to make sure nothing wrong happens...

He already heard her shouting for him and on the way back to the motor room where she is standing...

"Inthadi....why are you shouting...I am here only right.... You don't even know how to give rest to that mouth of yours  "

He complained Washing his face, legs and hands in the small Thoti..

"Yeah I don't know anything...only Aiyaa knows everything..

he don't have that basic idea to come home early as his wife would be waiting for him....but see he is finding faults in me " 

She mumbled to herself...

"what are you speaking to yourself....are you taunting me?? "

He asked coming closer to her... she gave him the towel to wipe himself....

" I am just blabbering to myself mama....who can taunt you, say..."

"Yeah yeah I belived your words..."

"beliving is basic human quality mama...that too I am your wife you should believe me the most....see you still need to learn all this  "

Thendral said and served him Kali and karuvattu kolambu on plate and sat in front of him....

"Why dii.....I already said to my mother that I will stay here in farm itself as it seems it will rain today if by chance the lake boundary broke water will damp the plants and it would be worse if it happened in midnight before we reach here after getting the news everything would be spoiled......then why did you came all the way from home to here that too in this darkness ..Huh... "

" Just you said is not enough.....who will give food to you here huh...the buffaloes and pigs ah?.....you might have decided to sleep empty stomach but I can't let you like that ....that's why I came  "

Thendral retorted...

"so what is it necessary to came by walking till here  dii... You can sent it through someone right."

He signed swallowing first bite...

"Ahaha...That scenes is not here.....but truth to be told you do have high expectations ....who will walk 3 km to come here that to in this time.......I didn't came by walking....Anna came to home and he only dropped me here...

Then the answer for next question is.....I am your wife so I will come for sure.....That's my right I won't give it to anyone else "

She said proudly making him chuckle....

"Athu sari... "

Thendral Narrowed her eyes at him..which he didn't mind instead feed her bite of Kelvaragu kali dipped in Karuvattu kolambu...

Her talks continued till they finish their Dinner together where he feed her himself while madam was ranting about her whole day events and activities...

They then settled on the Kayithu katil(Rope cot )... Thendral asked Ilamparithi who is lying on the kattil while she was sitting beside him...

"why are you sleeping outside mama....there is fan inside right..... "

"The natural breeze itself amazing dii....inside the cement room it will be bit more heat di.... "

"yeah yeah it will be amazing at the beginning until you get cold and cough.....if you only going to sleep outside what is the need of building this room here and that fan too....why the motor asked you that it needs fan air......and point to be said no matter what ever you change here you won't let go of this zero watts bulb ....why is that for Aesthetics ah??"