Chapter Seventeen

??? POV

I bolted upright, looking around wildly as I tried to figure out where I was. My brown eyes looked over the room, trying to get something to trigger my memory. "What're you doing up?" I glanced over to the door and held my breath. No, it was impossible.
Snake was standing there in plaid pyjama pants and a loose tank top. Everything suddenly came rushing back to me as I shook, tears rushing down my face.
I felt the bed shift and saw Snake was sitting by me, a concerned look plastered on his face. I leaned over and hugged him tightly, breathing in his scent as I tried to stop shaking. "Hey, what happened? Are you okay?" I took a deep breath as I rested my head against his chest.
"I had a nightmare, the same one I've been having for months; the one where you die." I shook again, Snake's arms tightening around me protectively.
"Look at me, Robin." I looked up into his greyish-blue eyes. "I'm here, this is reality. And look," he held out his arms, scars almost all faded away. "I'm okay, and so are you." I gave him a soft smile before hugging him, forgetting the nightmare as he hugged me back. He placed a kiss to the top of my head before smiling down at me.
We were inturrupted as our door opened and three children headed directly to our bed. "What are you three doing up?" I asked softly, leaving Snake's side to pick up the youngest of the three.
"Jill had a nightmare, she won't tell us though." I gave a nod as I took the sniffling five year old over to our bed, sitting down as Snake stood up to take the twin boys back to bed.
"Daddy!" Jill cried out, making grabby hands towards him. He glanced back, confused as much as I was. She never really called out for Snake, always myself or her brothers. "Don't go or the bad man will take you!" Snake gave me a look before slowly wandering back over, the two boys following.
"Who's the bad man, Jill?" She gave a small shrug to Snake's question as Snake crouched down in front of us.
"I don't know, but he took Mommy too." I blinked in surprise, did... did she have the same dream as me? The one where both myself and Snake die? No, impossible.
"You know what?" Snake asked, looking up at me. "Me and Mommy aren't going anywhere anytime soon. We'll always be here for you, Chris, and Berry." Jill leaned over and gave Snake a hug, I smiled at them before standing up.
"Alright, let's get you three to bed." Chris and Berry took off while Jill waited for myself and Snake, holding both of our hands as we headed down the hallway to her room. Snake and I quickly tucked her in, both of us giving her a kiss before we gently shut her door and went to the twin's room.
"Will you really always be here?" Berry asked as he quickly slipped under his blankets.
Snake gave a nod as he tucked him in. "You bet, can't get rid of us that easily." Chris let out a small giggle from the other side of the room, Berry smiling up at Snake.
We finished tucking them in before we headed back to our room. "What are the odds of all three of them waking up?" I asked, crawling in on my side of the bed.
"Apparently really good, though the twins said she woke them up." I let out a hum in agreement as he got in beside me, pulling me close to himself. "Let's just get some sleep, Campbell's supposedly coming over early." I give a small nod as I curled up close to Snake, finishing out the night dreamless and asleep beside the man I loved.

The sun will always come out after even the most harsh of storms, shining through to light up the earth.

My storm was finally over.

End

A/N: Hey there, so I have plans for a sequel and I'm not sure on specific details but it will be about Scott for sure and it'll most likely be another OC filled story [sorry if that's not your cup of tea] but I'll post a link here when I post it. If you have any questions pertaining to this fic or the sequel don't be afraid to ask! Take care!