Chapter Sixteen

Snake's POV

No, no no no no, this can't be happening, what did he mean by that?! It was a trick, a lie, it had to be! It wasn't fair!

Robin's POV

It turned to twelve o'clock and I bolted out of the clothing store as fast as I could, a large smile on my face at the thought of having a nice calm lunch compared to my hectic work day. As I headed out of the mall, Mike ran over to me. "Hey there." I greeted, though I just wanted him to leave me alone.
"Hey Robin, want to have lunch with me?" Why me.
"No thanks, I already have plans, maybe another time." Or never. I bit my tongue to keep from saying that out loud, wishing he would go away as he kept walking with me to Snake's car.
"What's wrong with your car?" I was about to snap out something nasty before I followed his gaze, groaning as I saw the tires had been slashed.
"Are you fucking kidding me?" I spat, whipping out my phone and dialling Snake's number. He picked up after the second ring but he didn't greet me. "Hey Snake, a little problem." I heard him let out a hum, why wasn't he talking? "The tires on your car were slashed so I can't make it home for lunch, could you call Scott to go get you so that you can spend the rest of the day here?" The other side was dead quiet, something was wrong. "David?" I wanted something from him, even a grunt would do at this point.
"I'm sorry, I love you." I was about to ask what he was sorry for before he hung up, my eyes going wide with realization.
"Oh no." I mumbled, turned and giving Mike a glare. "Give me a ride to my house." He just gave me a small smirk.
"Make me, bitch." I scowled at him, deciding to kill him later as I turned and began to run down the sidewalk. I was glad I decided not to wear heels today, those would've been hell to run in.
"I'm sorry, I love you."
His words kept running through my head as I bolted down the road, determined to get home as soon as I could. I quickly managed to phone Scott and practically yell at him to come get me, but I couldn't just wait for the brunet to show up so I kept running. "Please be... okay!" I panted out, starting to feel the burn in my legs. I knew I should of convinced Snake to come with me today, I had such a bad feeling of leaving him to head to work. I just hope it won't lead to a mistake.
I heard a honk and glanced over my shoulder, stopping as Scott's car pulled up beside me. "Okay, so where is-" I jumped in and slammed the door shut, effectively cutting him off.
"My house, now go!" The car jerked forward as Scott sped towards my house, easily going over the speed limit. "I'm scared Scott." He glanced over, reaching over with one hand to hold mine.
"Snake will be fine, he knows better, he knows he'll hurt people." I looked over, it seemed like Scott was trying to convince himself more than me.
As soon as we pulled into the drive way, I leapt out and dashed to the door, thankful it was unlocked. I raced to the bathroom first, finding it unlocked and empty. I stopped outside of Snake's old room, hesitantly holding out a shaky hand and gripping the doorknob. I glanced back and saw Scott was behind me, giving a small nod. I turned back to the door, it turned easily, slowly opening to a scene I wish I didn't see.
I felt tears fill my eyes as I turned back around and sobbed into Scott's chest as we hugged tightly, I felt the top of my head get damp as Scott cried with me.
We kept crying as the paramedics came and left, as the police came and left, the entire time out friends were there to comfort us.
They did everything to try and cheer us up, but how could they be happy? They'd never know how Snake's lips felt, how he truly laughed when we were alone together, how he'd give a little crooked smile when I told a semi-decent pun, the way he was protective of me. They'd never know how much he fixed me, it was thanks to him I didn't need my routine anymore. It was all thanks to him, the love of my life, and now he was gone.

Just like that.

Scott and I arranged the funeral, trying to keep it small with only close friends and family. We both knew it's what he would've wanted.
We sat with our friends, all of us wearing black to match our moods. I was sure I was out of tears by the time I was called to the stand to say a few words about him, but that proved wrong when all the happy times flashed in my mind as well as the sad.
I took a deep, shaky breath as I tried to be strong. "David... no, to his friends and myself, he preferred Snake. I thought he was getting better, I really did. His therapist even confirmed it and she even said he didn't need sessions anymore. We threw away his r... ra..." I bit my lip, I couldn't say it knowing it was the very tool that took his life, "his weapons. We even threw out pills we didn't want, need, or use. He said he wanted to spend another day with me, but I left for work anyways. There was two of us and he didn't have a job, I couldn't just stop going to work. I knew something was wrong but I did nothing!" I felt tears roll down my cheeks as I gripped onto the podium, shaking as I felt gentle hands on my shoulders. I glanced up through watery eyes and was just able to make out Scott's face.
"Come on, let's go sit down." I just nodded weakly as I was pulled along, sobbing into his chest as we sat down.
After the funeral, Scott came over a lot more, especially after I told him I kept seeing Snake around the house. Scott had never believed in ghosts, but that weekend we had everything moved out and into his apartment. He told me he didn't want me to be alone, but I wasn't. I had Snake.
My last step was to be with him.
I was surprised to find Scott had a small gun in his dresser, I assumed it was for self defence, but it would have a different purpose tonight as I gently bit down on the barrel.

The sun will always come out after even the most harsh of storms, shining through to light up the earth.

"Time... time to stop the rain."

A/N: One more chapter to go! Also I have a sequel in mind but I want to know if you guys want to read it, it'll revolve around Jund and his struggles!