Chapter Fifteen

Robin's POV

"I'm gonna be late!" I cried out, never once in my life had this ever happened as I raced to find my work uniforms.
I glanced over and saw Snake was leaning against the doorway with a tiny smirk pulling at his lips. "You could just stay home, call in sick." I let out a small snort before tossing one of my two work shirts at him.
"And what, pray tell, would we do all day?" I asked, going back to shuffle through our closet. I suddenly felt two arms wrap around my waist as Snake's chin rested on my shoulder, I smiled softly as he swayed us slightly.
"We could cuddle on the couch and watch movies, or go out to the beach, or anything." I felt him kiss my shoulder before I turned around, resting my head on his chest.
"How about we make a compromise, I skip my first job but go to my second?" Snake let out a small hum as he pressed a kiss to the top of my head.
"Can we do it the other way around?" He asked softly. I scrunched my nose in confusion but pushed it aside, maybe he just wanted to spend the night together.
I pulled away slightly before heading over to my cell phone on the nightstand. Snake followed me, sitting down on the bed as I remained standing. I waited for the phone to be picked up, hearing the usual jingle. "Hey there, Sebastian, I can't make it in today, caught a nasty cold." I saw Snake smile slightly. "I should be fine tomorrow, yes. Alright, bye." Snake looked like he was about to talk but I shushed him, pulling up the other number as it began to ring.
"Hello, Walgreens Pharmacy, how can I help you?" I let out a small sigh of relief, glad that it was Mike and not another employee.
"Hey there, Mike, I can't make it in today, I've come down with a nasty cold." I found it odd that it was so easy for me to lie, I found it even more odd that I didn't feel regret for what I was doing.
The line was quiet for a moment before Mike cleared his throat. "But Rob, it's the-"
"Don't call me 'Rob'," I quickly snapped, "my name is Robin." He knew I hated the male nicknames that could be produced from my name, I only tolerated Ziegs since she was my friend.
"Whatever, I don't care. Robin, it's the busiest day of the week, I can't do everything myself." I let out a small sigh, he had a point.
"Listen, I haven't used any of my sick days since I began work, I'm taking the week off since I'm sick and also for the fact you're being a dick about this."
"Robin, you can't-"
"I can and I will, now goodbye." I pulled the phone away from my ear and hit the 'end call' button, that felt way too good.
I glanced over at Snake and saw him giving me an apologetic look. "I'm sorry." He mumbled, but I shook my head.
"Don't be, Mike's an ass anyways." Snake stood up and pulled me into a tight hug, I hugged him back before we broke apart. "So, you grab all the pillows you can find and I'll grab all the blankets. He let out a small chuckle but nodded, both of us getting our items.
Within a few minutes, we had gotten every pillow and blanket in the house and made a fort-bed hybrid thing as Snake went to pick out some movies on Netflix while I made us breakfast. I returned with two plates of waffles, utensils, and condiments, returning to get us two glasses of orange juice.
We curled up in our fortress, Snake having a comedy at the ready as we curled up, covered up, and pulled the coffee table close to set our drinks and food on. Today was going to be a great week, though yesterday's events came back to mind. I was still curious why he was against answering my questions and now that I thought about it, I was slightly pissed off he silence me by having sex. I tried to brush it off as the movie began, but it kept nagging me from the back of my mind. Something was up, there was no way he'd be that secretive about going out with his friends.
"Robin? You okay?" I blinked my eyes a few times as I looked over at Snake.
"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" Snake gave me a small curious look but it was gone as soon as it had appeared.
"You seemed really zoned out, the movie's half way over and you haven't really touched your breakfast." I looked down at the soggy waffles on my plate then up at the movie that was paused on the television. "Is everything okay?" He grabbed my plate and set it off to the side before bringing me into a gentle hug.
I let out a soft sigh, it was now or never. "I just, I keep thinking about yesterday, when you were out with your friends." I felt him tense but I pressed on. "You won't tell me who you were with and you didn't even tell me or Scott where you were going. I was really worried about you, I thought you h-hurt yourself." I could feel myself shake slightly as he pulled me into a tighter hug. We stayed like that for a long while, Snake gently rocking us as he softly ran his fingers through my hair.
"I'm sorry." Snake mumbled after a while, pressed a soft kiss to the side of my head.
"It's fine, just no more secrets, okay?" I looked up at him and saw him nodding. I smiled softly as I turned and pressed my back to his chest. "Thank you."

.:.

"Do you have to go back?" I looked over at Snake and let out a small laugh at the whine in his voice.
"Yes, I do. I've been out of work for a week already." I looked over at him and saw he was laying on his back with his head hanging off the front of the bed, god he was a confusing man.
Snake let out a soft sigh. "I thought you hated everyone you worked with."
"Mike can be a pain in the ass, but the rest aren't that bad." I didn't know where his comment came from but I tried not to worry about it.
"You should take one more day off." Snake said suddenly, rolling over to lay on his stomach.
"Snake, I can't, I need to work. Plus Mason just quit and Mike can't run the store alone." I quickly pulled my hair into a messy bun, heading over to Snake. "How about this, after work we'll head out a see a movie and go for a nice dinner, sound good?" Snake gave me a nod before standing up and hugging me. "Wanna come with me?" I asked softly, resting my head against his chest.
He hummed softly while he was thinking. "No, I'll stay home."
I pecked him on the lips before grabbing my uniforms and heading out of our bedroom. "Are you coming home for lunch?" Snake asked suddenly. I looked over at him and gave a curious look, I wasn't sure why he seemed so clingy suddenly but it was nice knowing he wanted me around so much.
"I can if I take your car." I was still kicking myself for not getting a car when I could, but my routine had called for walking and I wasn't about to break it for the sake of time. Though now it didn't feel so wrong when I did things in another order or if I skipped a step all together. It was refreshing being able to do what I wanted when I wanted.
Snake gave me a nod, his eyes bright. "Alright, see you then." I gave him a smile before snatching up his keys from the table and heading out the door to Snake's car. For whatever reason, I felt like I should have convinced him to come with me, but I brushed it off as I got into the car and started it up.

.:.

Snake's POV

I waited until she left before heading to my room where my computer was, starting it up as quick as I could. "C'mon, hurry up," I muttered, tapping the mouse impatiently. When my desktop came up, I clicked on Skype. I started to chew on my lip nervously, but I had to check. I just had to.
I sucked in my breath as I opened the chat, hanging onto every word with a pain in my chest.
Stop denying it, she doesn't love you.
Should would've stayed home with you if she cared.
You could kill yourself and she wouldn't even have enough heart to help you.
I snapped my eyes shut as I pushed away from the computer, hiding my face in my hands as I quivered. No, Robin loves me, he's lying, he has to be. I was shaken from my thoughts as the Skype gave a notification. I glanced over but I wish I hadn't.

A/N: Sorry for the terribly long wait, school was stressful and this part kept getting deleted somehow so I had to rewrite it several times.